[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||CUPE1295 16A-13T|
|Posted:||Nov 19, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Temporary Casual (4 vacancies – 2 for 3 months/ 2 for 4 months)|
|Department:||Grounds Crew, Facilities Management|
|Salary Scale:||Wage Rate: $20.51* per hour (effective May 1, 2012)|
|Hours of Work:|
(4 vacancies – 2 positions for three months and 2 positions for four months)
Scheduled hours of work will vary and will include evenings and weekends (must be available for additional call-ins) please note that call-ins may occur if full-time grounds staff are not available. Reporting to the Manager, Grounds Services the Groundskeeper will perform all aspects of manual snow removal of the University’s campus. The incumbent will be required to work outside in all weather conditions. Duties and responsibilities include:
• Shoveling snow
• Spreading salt and ice melt products
• Lifting and carrying 50 lbs. bags of ice melt
• Picking up litter and debris
• Lifting and emptying garbage
• Sweeping, raking and digging
• Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
• The ability to meet the physical requirements (lifting and carrying objects) of the job on a regular and repetitive basis, and ability to carry up to 50 lbs.
• A valid G class driver’s license with an excellent drivers’ abstract - no more than one driving infraction (the successful candidate will need to demonstrate proof of an excellent driving record)
• Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
• Demonstrated punctuality and regular attendance and the ability to work irregular work hours as needed
Applicants are invited to email a resume and cover letter quoting the posting number to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Human Resources, BROCK UNIVERSITY, St. Catharines, ON L2S 3A1 by November 26, 2013.
Internal candidates wishing to apply must complete the Request for Transfer form in detail and forward it to his/her supervisor. Internal applicants may also wish to submit a resume outlining relevant past experience, and attach it to the Request for Transfer form.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal Brock University CUPE 1295 applicants.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
*Salary is defined by the CUPE 1295 Collective agreement.