[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OSSTF 31/2013|
|Posted:||Nov 14, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Limited Term Full-Time (9 Months)|
|Department:||Department of Residences|
|Grade:||Job Group F|
|Salary Scale:||$33,929 – $47,066 per annum (effective May 1, 2013)* Actual salary will be pro-rated to reflect hrs/wk & term of employm|
|Hours of Work:||25 hours per week|
Reporting to the Residence Facilities Supervisor, the Service Desk Clerk provides service to residence students by working as a staff member on a 24 hour desk which is the main point of contact for the Department of Residences. Core duties and responsibilities include: providing front line support; providing general information about residence, the university, and at times the surrounding community; receiving all residence requests/issues including emergency situations and liaising with the appropriate parties; supporting the control of keys (masters, submasters, and change keys) ensuring accurate recording, handling and ongoing residence checks occur; providing front line support for maintenance requests, inputting information into the Facilities Management system, assigning work requests and priorities and liaising with Facilities Management as required; providing administrative and clerical support to the Residence Facilities functional area; accurately handling and accounting for any petty cash or flex dollar transactions at the desk generated from parking passes & activity fees; sorting and distributing mail and notifying students; providing assistance as required for Residence cyclical projects (e.g. Move in day, departure, inspections, walk-throughs etc.).
• A couple years of demonstrated experience in related customer service role (e.g. property management, hotel/hospitality, University/College) and working/volunteering with young adults
• Strong customer service skills and the demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and rapport
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Solid computer competency including word processing, spreadsheet, database, web based applications (e.g. Facilities Management System, Residential software, Microsoft Office)
• Demonstrated ability to professionally communicate with irate or disgruntled individuals in a tactful and diplomatic manner
• Proven ability to refer to Procedural Manuals and Guidelines, interpret the information and apply guidelines to specific scenarios, prioritize and manage multiple competing tasks
• Exposure to and or basic knowledge of building maintenance and service requirements (strongly preferred)
• Previous experience in a 24/7 operation (an asset)
• Ability to work various hours including evenings, weekends, overnights and holidays.
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Monday November 25, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
* Salary is defined by the OSSTF Collective agreement. New members shall be placed on the salary grid at the entry level.