[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OP 12/2013|
|Posted:||Oct 31, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Term Full-Time (6 Months) With Possibility of Renewal|
|Department:||Brock Card, University Services|
|Grade:||Job Group J|
|Salary Scale:||$40,487 - $59,854 per annum* (effective July 1, 2013)|
|Hours of Work:|
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Brock Card Office, the Brock Card Administrator will oversee, coordinate and guide the ongoing operational activities of the Brock Card Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensuring the smooth day-to-day operation of the Brock Card Office, and the timely production of ID cards
• Training, scheduling and assigning tasks to student staff
• Ensuring accurate reconciliation of daily deposits, supporting documentation and reports; recording and inputting transactions into OneCard system
• Acting as the main resource person and primary contact to all Brock Card clients and partners; and responding to customer service issues regarding ID cards, card use, system issues, funds, balances, etc.
• Developing, recommending and implementing strategies, initiatives and action plans to support the vision and goals of the department and other functional areas
• Monitoring, managing and reporting on operational risks
• Processing deposits and/or refunds, ensuring related departmental and/or University policies and procedures are being followed
• Reconciling weekly vendor reports and customizing financial reports as required to accommodate vendor needs where possible
• Providing support with departmental financial and variance analyses, budget preparation and/or budget update reports; advising the Managing Director in a timely manner with information regarding any account issues with a potential plan of action
• Working with the Managing Director to strategically expand the number of both on and off campus vendors to increase revenue
• Acting as a liaison with all vendors on system problems, reporting issues, vendor payments, commissions, disputed charges, etc.
• Performing daily system checks to ensure that card readers are online and that nightly reports have run; and ensuring that OneCard system transactions are backed-up and maintained
• Performing maintenance and updating information on the Brock Card website, ensuring accurate information is provided to the community
• Organizing, preparing, updating and/or customizing departmental and Brock Card promotional materials
• Liaise with vendors, in consultation with the Managing Director, on cross-promotional opportunities (i.e. flyers, web, brochures, newspaper opportunities, etc.)
• Marketing the advantages, including convenience, flexibility of Brock Card to vendors, card users and parents
The ideal candidate will have:
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related discipline (e.g. Accounting, Business, Marketing, Information Systems, etc.), or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• Several years of demonstrated applicable experience
• Solid computer competency including word processing, spreadsheet, database, web applications and web maintenance, internet search engines, point-of-sale (POS) equipment
• Demonstrated project management experience and the proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects
• Proven ability to respond quickly to meet client needs and resolve problems, while working independently as needed
• Demonstrated ability to work with various financial information and transactions
• Proven ability to troubleshoot various computer based systems
• Excellent written, oral, customer service, and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment with changing deadlines
• Strong analytical ability and a keen eye for detail
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by November 7, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
*The salary range indicated is representative of all positions evaluated at this level. Actual salary is determined by examining related skills, experience, budgetary restrictions and both internal and external equity comparators.
Enter your information in the boxes below.