[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OSSTF 30/2013|
|Posted:||Oct 3, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Limited Term Full-Time (12 months), with possibility of renewal|
|Department:||Faculty of Graduate Studies|
|Grade:||Job Group G|
|Salary Scale:||$ 35,625 - $49,419 per annum (effective May 1, 2013)*|
|Hours of Work:||35 hours per week|
Reporting to the Associate Director, Faculty of Graduate Studies, the Graduate Assistant provides clerical and administrative support to the Faculty of Graduate Studies in three main areas: graduate admissions; graduate student records; and scholarships, awards and graduate student funding. Core duties and responsibilities include: processing offer letters; responding to general inquiries via email, phone and in-person; maintaining records; generating and analyzing reports e.g. pulling information from various databases and systems to provide analytical information; assisting with recruitment activities; processing downloaded applications from the Ontario University Application Centre (OUAC); verifying and assessing all documentation for authenticity e.g. international transcripts; calculating student’s average for transcripts required for admission consideration; managing registration of graduate students for three terms per year, processing all graduate student changes in status e.g. leaves of absence etc.; assisting with convocation process; liaising with graduate students, graduate programs, and other university offices/graduate programs; assist with the administration of internal and external scholarships, awards and graduate student funding.
• Post-secondary courses in computer applications and/or other clerical/administrative courses
• At least two years of related experience in an administrative role
• Solid computer competency including word processing, spreadsheet, database, web applications and web maintenance (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Strong administrative ability (e.g. electronic file management, composing letters/emails, drafting reports etc.)
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with multiple stakeholders with tact and diplomacy
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team with strong customer service skills
• Proven ability to retain information regarding multiple policies and procedures, and apply specific knowledge to different situations
• Excellent time management skills, ability to work quickly, with accuracy and a strong eye for detail
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and manage changing/conflicting deadlines, priorities and requests
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, October 15, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
* Salary is defined by the OSSTF Collective agreement. New members shall be placed on the salary grid at the entry level.