[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OSSTF 28/2013|
|Posted:||Sep 20, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Full-time|
|Department:||Department of Residences|
|Grade:||Job Group F|
|Salary Scale:||$33,929 – $47,066 per annum* (effective May 1, 2013)|
|Hours of Work:||35 hours/week|
Reporting to the Manager, Residence Admissions & Administration, the Office Assistant provides various clerical duties in all functional areas (Residence Life, Facilities and Admissions) of a very busy department, providing consistent and reliable support. Core responsibilities include: providing administrative support for social media outlets (e.g. using Facebook and Twitter to communicate with students); administering aspects of the residence discipline system (e.g. producing and distributing discipline letters to students, booking conduct appointments, maintaining various lists of sanctions and keeping records in eRezLife (residence life software program); assisting in the administration of student volunteers for various programs and events; overseeing AV equipment booking for Residence Life; assisting with administrative work related to Residence Life Staff training; assisting with any special projects or events being run within residence life; providing general information about residence, the university, and at times the surrounding community; assisting with key control of masters, submasters, and change keys ensuring accurate recording, handling, and ongoing checks occur; receiving and prioritizing residence maintenance work requests; performing data input of work requests into Facilities Management’s CFMS programme; recording and documenting details of interactions with students, Residence Life Staff, on-call resources, and Campus Security; sorting, and distributing residence mail and packages; helping with the residence application and room allocation process; uploading deposit charges/reversals/forfeits as students apply and withdraw; coordinating interviews for various student positions, preparing paperwork for various phases of the hiring process and producing letters for candidates.
• Related post-secondary courses in accounting, computer applications and other administrative assistant courses, a couple years of related experience in an administrative support capacity in a busy office environment, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong administrative support skills including: scheduling, drafting documentation, responding to email/phone inquiries, drafting correspondence
• Solid computer competency including word processing, spreadsheet, database, web applications and web maintenance, social media, internet search engines
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, and the proven ability to professionally communicate with irate or disgruntled individuals in a tactful and diplomatic manner
• Demonstrated ability to assess situations, think quickly and respond to challenges appropriately, often utilizing creative solutions
• Proven ability to manage a workload with multiple sources, effectively prioritize and clearly define a framework of responsibilities with a keen eye for detail
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, October 1, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
* Salary is defined by the OSSTF Collective agreement. New members shall be placed on the salary grid at the entry level.