[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OSSTF 27/2013|
|Posted:||Sep 11, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Full-time|
|Grade:||Job Group J|
|Salary Scale:||$46,322 - $64,251per annum* (effective May 1, 2013)|
|Hours of Work:||40 hours per week|
Reporting to the Facility Manager and the Director of Recreation Services, the Facilities Supervisor provides active supervision to the Walker Complex, a multi-purpose athletic facility, and provides direct supervision to part-time/seasonal student staff employees, to ensure a high quality of customer service and support services for the various programs and users within the facility. Core responsibilities include: coordinating events and activities; managing various issues (e.g. First aid/fire/evacuation emergencies, unruly patrons, repairs and maintenance etc.); hiring, training and scheduling part-time student staff; providing on the job and in-house training sessions; developing in-service training sessions relevant to the facilities operation; providing coaching, guidance and performance management for student staff ; maintaining accurate records (e.g. job performance/evaluation, payroll/hours); conducting equipment inventory; monitoring student staff budget; supervising ticket sales and making deposits into department safe according to procedures; updating the facilities web page to incorporate upcoming events, facility bookings etc.; updating departmental Social media outlets (e.g. Twitter and Facebook); ensuring all equipment requests and set-ups are looked after; overseeing set-up of equipment for various programs and ensuring students utilize proper procedures; overseeing and completing minor repairs and assembly of various equipment; monitoring and managing rowing tank bookings; managing locker rental program
• Completion of post-secondary education in a related field (preferably recreation, fitness & health promotion, physical education, or sports management), or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A minimum of a couple years of related experience e.g. recreation, fitness & health promotion, physical education or sports management
• Demonstrated experience supervising employees with the ability to coach and mentor staff members and be a strong ambassador
• Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of sports, sports equipment and athletic surfaces, and the proven ability to repair/assemble equipment with an aptitude to learn new equipment
• Solid computer competency, including word processing, spreadsheet, database, web applications and web maintenance, social media and internet search engines, online registration programs and facility scheduling programs
• Strong customer service skills, and the proven ability to work with various contacts
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to think quickly and adapt to changing circumstances with a keen eye for detail
• Ability to work evenings and weekends
Applicants are invited to submit a resumé and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Friday September 20th,2013
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
* Salary is defined by the OSSTF Collective agreement. New members shall be placed on the salary grid at the entry level