[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OSSTF 26/2013|
|Posted:||Aug 20, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Limited Term Full-Time (with possibile renewal)|
|Department:||Office Of Research Services|
|Grade:||Job Group F|
|Salary Scale:||$33,929 - $47,066 per annum* (effective May 1, 2013)|
|Hours of Work:||35 hours per week|
Reporting to the Manager, Research Ethics, with a dotted-line-report to the Manager, Research Services, the Data Assistant will provide administrative and clerical assistance for the research ethics and research grants/awards functions related to ethics approval of research projects involving human participants. Core duties and responsibilities include: processing incoming submissions (entering key information into database system; scanning applications and accompanying materials, printing, photocopying, creating physical files and ensuring efficient file flow/routing); ensuring adherence to policies and guidelines in the approval process as established by the Tri-Council Policy statement; creating statistical reports of activities for monthly meetings; assisting in preparation of presentations and other reports; writing and running queries; notifying researchers of pending and other reports; inputting data and conducting some analysis; managing Ethics Office email account; printing and processing correspondence; maintaining large filing system; providing front of house support including telephone reception and general enquiries regarding process, deadlines, application requirements, expected turn-around time etc.
• Post-secondary courses in computer applications and/or other clerical/administrative courses; or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) including the demonstrated ability to conduct mail mergers, use spreadsheets, databases, web applications, etc.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written and the proven ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders and strong customer service skills
• Strong analytical and statistical skills, ability to write and run queries, compare and contrast information
• Keen eye for detail, strong organizational skills and the demonstrated ability to multi-task in a high-volume work environment
• Sound judgment, diplomacy and tact
• Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS), Customer Relations Management (CRM) or Enterprise Management systems (ERP) (an asset)
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Thursday, August 29, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
* Salary is defined by the OSSTF Collective agreement. New members shall be placed on the salary grid at the entry level.