[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OSSTF 25/2013|
|Posted:||Aug 9, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Department:||Faculty of Graduate STudies|
|Grade:||Job Group H|
|Salary Scale:||$37,406 - $51,889 per annum* (effective May 1, 2013)|
|Hours of Work:||35 hours per week|
Reporting to the Director, Graduate Studies, and the Associate Director, Graduate Studies, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative, clerical and reception support for the Faculty of Graduate Studies (FGS); managing the Director’s calendar and assisting the Director with the day-to-day and project activities of the FGS; assisting with activities and work including Recruitment, Applications & Admissions, Scholarships, Awards and Funding, and Student Records; and assisting with the operating budget of the FGS. Core responsibilities include: performing office reception duties managing and updating the FGS website, and assisting with other web related tasks; assisting with the development and distribution of the FGS E-Bulletin; designing and creating FGS forms for posting to the FGS website; reviewing and approving E-Thesis submissions; assisting with E-Thesis training sessions for graduate programs; managing all relevant office equipment, ordering, processing of forms, purchase orders and supplies; placing orders for food/beverages for meetings/workshops/events, and assists at events; registering staff for conferences, workshops and/or events; arranging and booking travel; setting-up and maintain effective electronic and hard copy filing systems for various correspondence, records and FGS documentation; assisting the Director with the review and development of the yearly Graduate Calendar; taking minutes and composing summaries of meetings regarding various projects, monthly FGS staff meetings; assisting with the development of FGS reports; assisting with the management of the FGS Operating budget; and other duties as assigned.
• Completion of college or university program in a related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• Demonstrated administrative/office support experience
• Strong computer and database skills (MS Office Suite, Adobe, web and publishing software, CMS, Purchasing/Cheque Requisition systems)
• Proven ability to proofread and edit various materials, electronically and manually
• Demonstrated ability to operate efficiently and effectively in a fast paced environment
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills
• Strong demonstrated problem solving skills and a keen eye for detail and accuracy
• Proven ability to be flexible and adaptable and prioritize workload
• Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain confidential information
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, August 20, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
* Salary is defined by the OSSTF Collective agreement. New members shall be placed on the salary grid at the entry level.