[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OSSTF 23/2013|
|Posted:||Aug 7, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Part-Time|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Grade:||Job Group F|
|Salary Scale:||$33,929 - $47,066 per annum* (effective May 1, 2013)|
|Hours of Work:||17.5 hours per week|
Reporting to the Chair of the Department of Teacher Education, the Office Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support for financial transactions within the department. Duties include: verifying and processing cheque requisitions, travel expenses, invoices, expense vouchers and all other payables; tracking and recording budget lists; resolving expense issues; communicating financial transaction policies and procedures to department staff; and working with internal and external stakeholders relevant to financial matters. The Office Assistant will also provide general administrative, clerical and reception support to the department.
• Related post-secondary courses in accounting, computer applications and other administrative assistant courses with several years’ related experience in a financial administrative support capacity, preferably in a university or similar environment (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
• Demonstrated experience with organizing financial information and providing guidance on financial protocols
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with all contacts exercising judgment, tact and diplomacy is essential as are excellent organization, problem–solving and multi-tasking skills
• Thorough knowledge and proficiency in standard office computer applications including word processing, databases (knowledge of DBBROCK/BEARS is an asset), spreadsheets and email
• Demonstrated experience record keeping, coordinating calendars, creating forms and organizing financial information
• Demonstrated proofreading skills and attention to detail
Note to Applicants: there is an incumbent currently performing the duties and responsibilities of this job whom is likely to apply.
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Friday, August 16, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
* Salary is defined by the OSSTF Collective agreement. New members shall be placed on the salary grid at the entry level.