[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OSSTF 17/2013|
|Posted:||Jun 12, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Limited Term Part-Time (to May 31, 2018)|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Department:||Faculty of Education|
|Grade:||Job Group H|
|Salary Scale:||$37,406-$51,889 per annum* (effective May 1, 2013)|
|Hours of Work:||22 hours per week|
*Actual salary will be pro-rated to reflect hours per week and term of employment
Reporting to the Joint PhD Director, the Administrative Assistant to the Joint PhD Director is responsible for overseeing the Office of the Joint PHD program between Brock University, Windsor University and Lakehead University. Core responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to: liaising with a variety of University departments and partner institutions related to the Joint PhD program; preparing confidential and non-confidential program information including: newsletters, program materials (grades, grievances, transfers, course and program review and evaluations) and program communication; conducting website administration and updates; answering, screening and directing calls; participating in local and out of town Doctoral Seminar sessions/conferences by welcoming participants, distributing documents, answering program inquiries, organizing refreshments, facility availability and organizing travel arrangements for participants; performing bookkeeping duties such as budget reporting, monthly statement reconciliation, processing invoices and process requisitions, recording deposits and maintaining corporate VISA statements; performing other program administration such as answering queries regarding program and course protocol from applicants and faculty, updating program packages, maintaining admission records and preparing admission files including GPA calculations; ensuring university-based online instructional websites are setup, students and instructors have appropriate access and updating information as required; other duties as assigned.
• Completion of some college/university courses related to business/office administration
• Several years of demonstrated experience in an office environment
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated attention to detail, excellent problem-solving skills and ability to proofread and edit
• Strong customer/client services abilities, including working with students, faculty, and institutional partners
• Ability to deal with confidential matters in a professional manner
• Demonstrated ability to administer webpage updates and maintenance; effectively work with content management systems and online instructional systems (e.g. SAKAI, DBBrock etc.)
• Proficient user of standard office computer programs including: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook), and other various systems/programs
• Ability to adapt and be flexible in a fast-paced and changing environment while maintaining sound judgment, diplomacy, tact and discretion in dealing with others
• Understanding of the Joint PhD Program (an asset)
• Previous experience working in a University environment, particularly at Brock (an asset)
• Understanding of BEARS/DBBROCK and FIPPA (an asset)
Applicants are invited to submit a resumé and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Friday, June 21, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.