[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OP 05/2013|
|Posted:||May 31, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Term Full-Time (6-months)|
|Department:||Office of Research Services|
|Hours of Work:|
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Director of Innovation and Commercialization, the Partnership Research Officer is responsible for assisting Brock University researchers apply for research funding where external parties are involved in the research application and assisting organizations in building research partnerships with Brock Researchers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assisting Brock Researchers in the application of partnership research grants
• Assisting organizations collaborate with Brock Researchers
• Ensuring awarded grants comply with internal and external policies and procedures
• Working with the Senior Technology Transfer Officer and the Commercial Research Officer to ensure seamless integration of research and innovation
• Promoting Brock’s research internally and externally
• Working with colleagues in ORS with grant multiplication opportunities
• Liaise regularly with internal and external stakeholders
The ideal candidate will have:
• Masters degree (concentration in STEM subject strongly preferred)
• Demonstrated experience working with grant proposal writing
• Previous experience in a Technology Transfer office and/or a Research Services Offices an asset
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong analytical skills
• Previous experience in a commercial setting (an asset)
Applicants are invited to email a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online. The position will remain open until position is filled.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.