[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OSSTF 15/2013|
|Posted:||May 16, 2013|
|Employment Status:||1-Permanent F-T; 1-Limited Term F-T, with possible renewal|
|Department:||Financial and Administrative Services|
|Grade:||Job Group G|
|Salary Scale:||$35,625 - $49,419 per annum (effective May 1, 2013)|
|Hours of Work:||35 hours per week|
Two vacancies (1 - PERMANENT FULL-TIME, 1 – LIMITED TERM FULL-TIME, with possibility of renewal)
Reporting to the Controller and Manager of Finance, the Accounts Payable Assistant provides diverse experience in financial transaction processing, payment processing and reconciling, accounting, and reporting as related to Accounts Payable accounting. This position will co­ordinate the reliable, accurate and timely payment of university purchases processed through employee reimbursements, processing of construction payments, cheque requisitions, purchasing cards and additional methods of payment. Core responsibilities include: ensuring all disbursement requests are processed in a timely, accurate and confidential manner; monitoring financial accounts, including: accelerated year end payments and invoice database entry, and providing information to external and internal auditors; evaluating Accounts Payable processing, recommending and assisting in implementation of process improvements; answering internal and external inquiries related to processing of Accounts Payable documentation.
• A post-secondary degree/diploma in Accounting and/or Business
• Demonstrated experience in an Accounts Payable department, preferably in a public sector environment or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of Accounts Payable processes and related policies and procedures, including Canadian Payment Association rules and recommendations
• Proven ability to accurately work with figures and maintain detailed records in a fast paced, high traffic work environment
• Strong technical and software skills, including Microsoft Excel and accounting systems
• Good understanding of granting agency and government tax legislation as it relates to payments
• Solid understanding of general accounting principles and standards and demonstrated ability to align Accounts Payable processes with general accounting processes
• Demonstrated ability to work independently while handling a variety of tasks with multiple priorities and strict deadlines
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to think strategically and analytically
• Solid organizational, time management and proving solving abilities
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, May 28, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers' Federation (OSSTF) Union.
Enter your information in the boxes below.