[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OSSTF 14/2013|
|Posted:||May 3, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Department:||Cool Climate Oenology and Viticulture Institute (CCOVI)|
|Grade:||Job Group I|
|Salary Scale:||$39,277 - $54,484 per annum (effective May 1, 2013)|
|Hours of Work:||35 hours per week|
Reporting to the Director, CCOVI, the incumbent is responsible for assisting with accounting and financial reporting for CCOVI operating, research and revenue generating accounts. Core responsibilities include: maintaining records; ensuring financial compliance to all funding agencies and Brock’s financial policies; communicating and coordinating with Financial Services, Procurement Serivces and Human Resources on accounting related issues; financial reporting on research projects and CCOVI events/activities; drafting granting agency submissions; proofing monthly and/or annual account summaries; investigating and arranging for the correction of any account summaries; investigating and arranging for the correction of discrepancies; assisting the Director with CCOVI budget process; liaising and consulting as necessary with a variety of internal and external contacts; providing reception, administrative and secretarial support for the CCOVI research institute and outreach activities.
• A college diploma or University degree in accounting or a related field, which includes accounting courses, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• Several years of demonstrated experience in a university or research accounting environment, specifically related to financial management and accounting and administrative support
• Proven ability to work with various computer systems including (databases, MS Office, internet, and accounting programs)
• Demonstrated time management and organizational skills, with a keen eye for detail for data input and records management
• A self-starter with the proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with a variety of contacts
• Proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment and function with frequent interruptions
• Ability to work flexible hours during peak periods
Applicants are invited to submit a resumé and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Friday, May 17, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.