[ back ] [ print ]
|Posted:||May 2, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Department:||Facilities Management, Grounds Crew|
|Salary Scale:||$27.30 - $28.28 per hour (effective May 1, 2012)|
|Hours of Work:||40 hours per week|
Reporting to the Manager, Grounds Services the Horticultural Technician performs all aspects of maintenance of the University’s campus landscape including the development and maintenance of the grounds, gardens, pavement, new construction and storm/emergency response, predominately of the University’s Main Campus.
• Performing maintenance of campus turf and athletic fields, including: lawn mowing, trimming, edging, fertilizing, aerating, over-seeding, topdressing, irrigating, lining out and marking athletic fields, grading and sodding
• Performing maintenance and repairs to roads, walkways, paths, trails, entryways and parking lots, including sweeping, snow removal, salting, patching asphalt
• Operating heavy equipment and machinery
• Providing plant culture and maintenance
• Ensuring campus grounds are clean and orderly by collecting and properly disposing of litter and various other items and removing graffiti and unauthorized postings
• Providing information to campus visitors as required
• Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
• Horticulture Diploma
• Ontario Landscape Exterminator License
• Class “D” Ontario Driver’s license with valid Air Brake (Z) Endorsement and good driving record (MOT abstract required)
• Chainsaw Certificate and Irrigation Certification are assets
• Four Years related experience that demonstrates related year-round landscaping, grounds maintenance and snow and ice control, including knowledge of integrated pest management and plant health care
• Must be able to perform the physical aspect of grounds maintenance
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
• Ability to work irregular work hours as needed
Applicants are invited to email a resume and cover letter, quoting the posting number to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Human Resources and Environment, Health & Safety, BROCK UNIVERSITY, St. Catharines ON L2S 3A1, by Thursday, May 9, 2013.
Visit us at: brocku.ca/hr
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal Brock University CUPE 1295 applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.