[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OSSTF 13/2013|
|Posted:||May 2, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Limited Term Part-Time (24 months)|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Department:||Research and International Initiatives|
|Grade:||Job Group H|
|Salary Scale:||$37,406 - $51,889 per annum*,(effective May 1, 2013) *Actual salary will be pro-rated to reflect hours per week|
|Hours of Work:||17.5 hours per week|
The office of Associate Dean Research and International Initiatives (ADRI) is responsible for management, administration, leadership and outreach with regard to research and international initiatives in the Faculty of Education (FOE). Reporting to the Associate Dean Research and International Initiatives, the Assistant to the Associate Dean provides administrative support, which includes overseeing the Office of the ADRI. Core responsibilities include: preparing correspondence and manuscripts; scheduling meetings and appointments for the Associate Dean and preparing accompanying documentation; supporting and managing meetings chaired by the ADRI, including preparing meeting agendas and minutes; providing assistance to the ADRI in preparing reports to Faculty Board; vetting incoming queries and requests; providing in-person, telephone and email reception for the Office of the ADRI; arranging for travel, accommodation and dining arrangements for the Associate Dean and visiting partners; preparing purchase and cheque requisitions, refundable expense reports and travel claims; assisting with the organization of the speaker series and various conferences in the FOE; maintaining all files; and other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated experience in an office environment and related post-secondary courses in office management or other administrative assistant programs
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated attention to detail, excellent problem-solving skills and ability to proofread and edit
• Strong customer/client services abilities, including working with students, faculty, and international partners
• Adaptability to work in team and independent work environments in order to deliver outstanding service to the office of the ADRI
• Ability to deal with confidential matters in a professional manner
• Proficient user of standard office computer programs including: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook), Thunderbird, Oracle and other various systems/programs
• Ability to adapt and be flexible in a fast-paced and changing environment while maintaining sound judgment, diplomacy, tact and discretion in dealing with others
• Demonstrated experience in event scheduling and coordinating special projects
• Understanding of the Faculty of Education programs and Centres, Brock and key personnel, an asset
• Understanding of BEARS/DBBROCK and FIPPA with respect to access to confidential information, an asset
Applicants are invited to submit a resumé and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Monday, May 13, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.