[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OSSTF 09/2013|
|Posted:||Apr 2, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Limited Term Full-Time (with possibility of renewal)|
|Department:||Development and Donor Relations|
|Grade:||Job Group G|
|Salary Scale:||$35,012 - $48,569 per annum (effective May 1, 2012)|
|Hours of Work:||35 hours per week|
Reporting to the Director, Capital Campaigns and Principal Gifts the Administrative Assistant, Major Gifts is responsible for administrative duties, coordination and support for ongoing and one-time campaign projects and activities initiated in the Office of Development and Donor Relations for the Campaign for Brock University’s major gifts team. Core responsibilities will include: drafting, developing and creating various materials, letters and reports; tracking major gift activity in the Raiser’s Edge database, including maintaining various data, collecting and analyzing data; corresponding with representatives internally and externally; preparing agendas and project timelines, liaising and coordinating with university staff and faculty; assisting in preparing development proposals and visit kits to prospective donors; maintaining major gift filing system; updating and maintaining donor records on our fundraising database; collaborating with University Advancement staff as required; contacting donors to verify donation, contact information, and collecting information as required; ethically handling confidential information; answering phone/email inquiries, sending & receiving mail; assisting in Campaign activities; and maintaining the Director, Campaign and Principal Gifts and Major Gift Officers calendars.
• Related post-secondary courses or certificate including computer applications, organizational skills, writing, record-keeping, office administration
• Experience in administrative roles related to the fundraising industry strongly preferred
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Excellent time management and proven ability to organize and handle a variety of projects, deadlines and schedules simultaneously in a high pressure environment with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Proven ability to interact positively, courteously and professionally with a variety of constituents , exercising good judgment, tact and diplomacy
• Superior competency with various computer programs and electronic communication including: e-mail, Microsoft Office Suite, Raiser’s Edge or other similar products, relational databases and research tools
• Proven ability collecting, analyzing, preparing and editing reports, correspondence and data, with a keen eye for detail
• Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of fundraising principles
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Thursday, April 11, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.