[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OSSTF 06/2013|
|Posted:||Feb 28, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Mathematics and Science|
|Department:||Faculty of Mathematics and Science|
|Grade:||Job Group H|
|Salary Scale:||$36,763 - $50,997 per annum, effective May 1, 2012|
|Hours of Work:||35 hours per week|
*Revised Posting Number
A key member of the Science Stores team, reporting to the Office of the Dean of Mathematics and Science, the Stores Assistant is responsible for inventory control and financial records management for the store’s operations as well as other departments within the Faculty. Responsibilities of the Stores Assistant include monitoring, reconciling and adjusting accounts; initiating and processing internal charges such as inventory transfers for counter releases; ordering, receiving, stocking and dispensing supplies, chemicals and equipment to meet the academic and research needs of students, faculty and staff; managing the receipt, usage tracking and return of gas cylinders; maintaining and updating the Science Stores website and linked electronic forms; and other duties as assigned. As a team member, you will provide backup support in areas of inventory purchasing, and chemical dispensing.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel essential)
• Experience in inventory management and recordkeeping
• Basic accounting skills and previous purchasing experience (preferably in a scientific supplies environment)
• Knowledge of proper storage and handling of chemicals
• A post-secondary degree in chemistry is preferred or successful completion of comparable chemical safety training is required along with WHMIS and TDG training
• Able to prioritize and organize independent work
• Excellent interpersonal &amp;amp; customer service skills with the ability to problem solve &amp;amp; respond to inquiries
• Strong sense of team work and work ethic
• Detail oriented with an ability to produce accurate results
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Monday, March 11, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.