[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OSSTF 05/2013|
|Posted:||Feb 14, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Limited Term Part-Time to July 15, 2014|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Humanities|
|Department:||Office of Congress 2014|
|Grade:||Job Group F|
|Salary Scale:||$33,345 - $46,257 per annum, effective May 1, 2012|
|Hours of Work:||10 hr/wk to May 5, 2013; 20 hr/wk May 6 - Sept. 1, 2013; 35 hr/wk Sept 2, 2013 to July 15, 2014|
Reporting to the Academic Convener for Congress 2014, the Office Assistant, liaising with various departments within the University, will provide accurate, effective and timely general administrative and clerical support for Congress 2014. Core responsibilities include:
• Providing telephone, e-mail and in person reception, inquiry and routine request responses to internal and external individuals
• Composing, editing, proof-reading and formatting correspondence, reports and documents, maintaining office filing systems including hard-copy and electronic records/files.
• Assisting with coordinating departmental meetings and other planning sessions, including notification and preparation of agendas and documents.
• Ensuring continuous operation of equipment through ordering maintenance and repair as necessary; ordering and maintaining office supplies.
• Assisting with tracking deadlines for new and in-progress work and reports regularly to the Academic Convener on status of projects, assignments and priorities.
• Utilizing various on-line systems, updating web site and taking initiative in performing other related duties as required.
• Previous experience and proven ability in an administrative capacity (preferably in a University environment) including a thorough knowledge of standard office equipment and proven proficiency using computer software applications including Microsoft Office and publishing software. (Experience with DBBROCK an asset).
• Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with all contacts while maintaining confidentiality and handling delicate situations with discretion
• Flexible and adaptable with the ability to organize and establish priorities with minimal supervision and work extend hours
• Demonstrated experience in problem solving and creativity.
• Experience in event planning is required.
• Strong initiative in seeking new assignments and the ability to function as a self-starter is necessary.
• Previous experience with website administration strongly preferred
• Some College courses in computer applications or other Administrative Assistant related courses.
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, February 27, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.