[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OSSTF 04/2013|
|Posted:||Feb 14, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Temporary Full-Time (12 months)|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Mathematics and Science|
|Grade:||Job Group H|
|Salary Scale:||$36,763 - $50,997 per annum, effective May 1, 2012|
|Hours of Work:||35 hours per week|
Under the direction of the Mathematics’ Chair, the Administrative Assistant will assist with the daily operations of the Department of Mathematics. Core responsibilities of this position include:
• Providing administrative, clerical and reception support to the Chair, including: preparing correspondence, monitoring emails and phone calls; composing correspondence, answering telephone, email and in-person inquiries.
• Processing all part-time employee contracts, timesheet authorizations and timesheets, and maintain the part-time budget.
• Preparing agendas and taking minutes at Departmental Meetings
• Coordinating Course/Instructor and TA/LAB Evaluation Process
• Inputting the Undergraduate Program Calendar changes
• Providing overrides for students and maintaining wait lists
• Carrying out various functions using the Brock Portal, DB Brock, BEARS, the web and Microsoft Office
• All other related duties as required and assigned by the Chair, Department of Mathematics
• Related post-secondary courses in office management or other administrative assistant programs
• Knowledge of various word processing programs, especially Microsoft Office (including Outlook and Exchange), data management software (especially Excel), security software, Drupal content management system, various web interfaces for search engines and social media, (familiar with APC, SAKAI, DB Brock, Bears an asset)
• Excellent oral and written communication, listening and comprehension skills and the ability to manage time and work effectively in teams and independently
• Demonstrated ability to proof-read and edit required
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work projects and work flow; experience maintaining accurate records, including financial record keeping
• Ability to adapt and be flexible in a fast paced and changing environment while maintaining sound judgment and discretion in dealing with others
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, February 27, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.