[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OSSTF 02/2013|
|Posted:||Feb 7, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Term Part-Time|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Department:||Centre for Adult Education and Community Outreach (CAECO)|
|Grade:||Job Group F|
|Salary Scale:||$33,345-$46,257/annum* (effective May 1, 2012) *Actual salary will be pro-rated to reflect hours per week and term of employment|
|Hours of Work:||14 hours per week|
Reporting to the Administrative Director the Office Assistant provides general administrative support for the Centre by providing:
• Front-line administrative and reception support, interacting with students, staff, faculty and the public
• Processing mail, e-mail, forms, on-line contracts, cheque requisitions, travel claims, purchase requisitions/orders and honorariums
• Photocopying, scanning, filing, ordering textbooks and office supplies
• Assisting in the preparation of invitations, room bookings, parking passes, and food services for departmental meetings, guest speakers, special events, and workshops
• Attending departmental meetings and taking minutes
• Assisting with mass mail outs; financial records management; data entry; filing; photocopying; scanning and word processing a variety of materials
• Directing admission related queries to appropriate area/person
• Other duties as assigned
• Several years of general office experience is required
• Completion of computer courses and courses in office administration preferred
• Previous work experience at a University or similar environment preferred
• Proven ability to work with various computer programs and web portal skills e.g. Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and BrockDB Systems
• Demonstrated ability to work with general Financial processes, e.g. expense claims
• Excellent telephone and reception etiquette and general office skills – filing, faxing, photocopying
• Demonstrated ability to take direction, prioritize conflicting deadlines, time management and organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, February 20, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.