[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OSSTF 01/2013|
|Posted:||Jan 28, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Department:||Marketing and Communications (Advancement)|
|Grade:||Job Group G|
|Salary Scale:||$35,012 - $48,569 per annum (effective May 1, 2012)|
|Hours of Work:||35 hours per week|
Reporting to the Director of Communications, Associate Director of Web Marketing Digital Communications and the Associate Director of Marketing, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for overall administrative support and all key activities in the Marketing and Communications (Advancement) Department. The incumbent will maintain a professional demeanour that reflects the team’s commitment to integrity, quality of service and timeliness. This position requires the ability to manage multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines, prioritizing as required. The incumbent will provide briefings and/or updates to ensure production and client objectives are met; coordinate and track internal/external meetings and events; assure Mar-Comm web pages are up to date and coordinate records management. Responsibilities additionally include receiving visitors; answering phone/email inquiries; sending, receiving and distributing departmental mail; communicating with internal and external clients and assisting with Marketing and Communications activities as required.
• 3 – 5 years administrative assistance experience
• Completion of postsecondary program preferred; courses in office administration and standard office computer applications, or the equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
• Superior organizational and prioritization skills and a keen eye for detail
• Proven ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously under minimal supervision
• Advanced knowledge of standard office computer applications including word processing (Microsoft Word), databases, spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel), e-mail (Microsoft Outlook) and the Internet.
• Excellent written communication, proofreading and editing skills
• Understanding of strong marketing and communications factors and techniques in all media platforms utilized by the University
• Excellent oral communication, interpersonal/customer service skills and problem solving ability when responding to inquiries and requests
• Ability to utilize available information technology (IT) to assist in production of reports and briefing materials
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, February 6, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.