[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OSSTF 39/2012|
|Posted:||Dec 20, 2012|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Applied Health Sciences|
|Grade:||Job Group H|
|Salary Scale:||$36,763 - $50,997 per annum, effective May 1, 2012|
|Hours of Work:||35 hours per week|
Reporting to the Chair of Nursing, the Administrative Assistant provides reception, clerical, administrative and budget support for the Nursing Department. The main responsibilities include: setting up and maintaining files and records for all department related business; preparing and processing cheque requisitions, account transfers, purchase orders and other budget related items; maintaining and reviewing all financial transactions and departmental accounts; greeting visitors and responding to general inquiries from various internal and external stakeholders via telephone, email, and in-person; preparing Undergraduate Calendar submission and course scheduling requests; providing course related support to faculty; preparing contracts for clinical instructors, research assistants and teaching assistants; assisting with departmental events; taking minutes at department, community advisory and student service meetings; and other duties as assigned.
• Related post secondary courses in office management or other administrative assistant programs;
• Several years related experience in an administrative support capacity preferably in a university or similar environment;
• Knowledge of various word processing programs, especially Microsoft Office (including Microsoft outlook and exchange), data management software (especially EXCEL), (familiar with DB Brock, Bears an asset);
• Excellent oral and written communication, listening and comprehension skills
• Ability to manage time and work effectively in teams and independently;
• Proof-reading and editing skills as required;
• Experience maintaining accurate records, including financial record keeping;
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work projects and work flow;
• Ability to adapt and be flexible in a fast paced and changing environment
• Familiar with Brock policies and procedures is considered an asset
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in dealing with others.
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, January 9, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.