[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OSSTF 34/2012|
|Posted:||Nov 9, 2012|
|Employment Status:||Seasonal Full-Time: 9 months (Aug 15-May 14 each season)|
|Grade:||Job Group F|
|Salary Scale:||$33,345-$46,257 per annum* (effective May 1, 2012) *salary will be pro-rated to reflect 9 months of employment|
|Hours of Work:||35 hours per week (Tuesday - Saturday afternoons 4:30 p.m. - 12:30 a.m.)|
Reporting to the Facilities Supervisors, this position provides service to students as a member of the staff of a 24-hour desk which is the main point of contact for the Department of Residences. Duties will include: providing general information about residence, the university, and at times the surrounding community; acting as a liaison for all students and for any problems related to the facilities, as necessary; assisting with key control of masters, sub-masters, and change keys; receiving, prioritizing and inputting residence maintenance work requests and for urgent/high priority requests, assessing the situation to determine if there is a need for after-hours/emergency work to occur; processing the residence mail; providing administrative and clerical support to the Residence Facilities functional area; and performing other duties as assigned.
• Previous experience and demonstrated ability in a related customer service capacity, preferably in a university setting
• Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to effectively problem solve and provide quality customer service in a courteous and efficient manner
• Proficient computer skills with recent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook) in a Windows XP environment
• Excellent record keeping skills
• Ability to establish priorities and organize work under minimal supervision
• Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to a high energy and changing work environment
• Knowledge of building maintenance is an asset
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, November 20, 2012.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.