[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OSSTF 32/2012|
|Posted:||Nov 5, 2012|
|Employment Status:||Limited Term-Full-Time to April 1, 2015 with possible renewal|
|Department:||Office of Development and Donor Relations|
|Grade:||Job Group G|
|Salary Scale:||$35,012 - $48,569 per annum, effective May 1, 2012|
|Hours of Work:||35 hours per week|
The Development Assistant participates in University Advancement’s ability to achieve philanthropic support of Brock University to fulfill the University’s mission. The position works as part of the central support team in the Office of Development and Donor Relations to provide the day-to-day administrative and fulfillment activities to support the campus-wide philanthropic enterprise at Brock University. The position is responsible for providing Development Department reception and administrative assistance including: receive visitors; answer phone/email inquiries; send, receive and distribute mail; recording updates/gift entry into Raiser's Edge database; maintaining accurate constituent records (electronic and hardcopy) including updates as required; maintaining data in the system; tracking information for all fundraising initiatives as required; providing lists and reporting information as requested (e.g. engagement, cultivation, and solicitation activities to support a funding request and stewardship events and activities to recognize a donor’s contribution to Brock University); preparing lists for mailings and handling mail preparation; writing queries to complete data mining for all phases of the development process; recording and tracking event registration in the database, reporting as necessary; enter information into Raiser’s Edge for one-time gifts, set-up of pledges,preparing tax receipts and acknowledgements as required; providing information regarding donations as required by University staff and donors; performs other duties as assigned. The position handles the day-to-day administrative functions related to financial transactions, donor relationship management and stewardship activities.
• Post-secondary courses in Office administration and standard office computer applications or other Administrative Assistant related courses;
• 3-5 years related administrative assistant experience
• Experience and training using the Raisers Edge database for reporting, research, information gathering, event tracking, record updating, analyzing and other data requirements as necessary
• Experience assembling reports and briefing materials with high attention to detail, efficiency and speed to an audience of senior administrators and other similar end-users
• Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of fundraising principles
• Strong understanding and knowledge of relational database, moves management and reporting
• Ability to work with basic research tools
• Superior computer skills and competency with e-mail, internet and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Demonstrated ability and experience interacting positively, courteously and professionally with a variety of constituents, including donors, is essential, as is the ability to exercise judgment, tact and diplomacy with all contacts
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills (both written and verbal), presentation skills, creativity and problem solving abilities are essential
• Excellent time management and proven ability to organize and handle a variety of projects, deadlines, and schedules simultaneously under minimal supervision is necessary
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, problem-solve, multitask and prioritize in fast-paced and high-pressure environment
• Accuracy, attention to detail and efficiency
• Experience completing, maintaining and reconciling budget and expense reports
• Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Experience organizing events, especially donor events, is an asset
• Demonstrated ability to react to rapid changes in priorities in concert with the opportunistic nature of Advancement work.
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, November 14, 2012.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.