[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OSSTF 31/2012|
|Posted:||Oct 15, 2012|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Department:||Information Technology Services|
|Grade:||Job Group H|
|Salary Scale:||$36,763 - $50,997 per annum (effective May 1, 2012)|
|Hours of Work:||35 hours per week|
Reporting to the Supervisor, ITS Project and Administrative Support Office, the ITS Administrative Assistant provides both high-level and general administrative support for the Project and Administrative Support Office and the Associate V.P.,IT & CIO and ITS directors by carrying out administrative support functions and by maintaining information on projects. This includes independently screening, responding and following-up on administrative matters; designing, developing and maintaining appropriate administrative systems, procedures and practices for maximum efficiency; coordinating special assignments activities and events; and providing project and resource planning assistance. Duties include but are not limited to mail, email and voicemail, including confidential matters, screening calls, providing direction and information to faculty, staff, students and other internal and external contacts, arranging travel, teleconferences, petty cash, staff reimbursements, internal ITS monthly telephone reports and attendance tracking etc; ordering equipment for University mobile phone accounts and maintaining accurate records in our asset tracking database; maintaining filing systems; develops standard operation procedures; provides project and resource planning assistance; and all other duties as assigned.
• On-going related professional development including the completion of post-secondary courses or certificates in computing, time management, organization, project management, business or other related areas, combined with several years of progressively more responsible administrative, organizational and project management support experience, preferably in a university or similar environment;
• Knowledge of Brock University programs/systems, and especially ITS units and processes preferred; the ability to interpret department policies and procedures and to convey such information to others internal and external to the University
• The ability to assess priorities and handle difficult and competing assignments and problems simultaneously
• Initiative and resourcefulness to work independently and assume responsibility for daily tasks
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills, including tact and discretion
• Demonstrated ability to interact with persons from diverse backgrounds, and the ability to interact with a wide variety of people in many different contexts
• High-level planning, and time-management skills
• Demonstrated ability to assess administrative support needs of the department and developing corresponding administrative practices, policies, procedures and systems for maximum efficiency
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
Ability to manage information and prepare standard status reports
• Effective keyboarding, grammar and proofreading skills are combined with strong computer skills using a range of software applications for a variety of activities in particular (Excel, Word, Visio, Outlook, the Brock content management system and functions including spreadsheet creation, database maintenance, and web site maintenance)
Applicants are invited to submit a resumé and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, October 24, 2012.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.
Enter your information in the boxes below.