[ back ] [ print ]
|Posting #:||OSSTF 27/2012|
|Posted:||Sep 14, 2012|
|Employment Status:||Limited Term Full-Time (12 months)|
|Grade:||Job Group H|
|Salary Scale:||$36,763 - $50,997 per annum (effective May 1, 2012)|
|Hours of Work:||35 hours per week|
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Student Affairs, the Administrative Assistant will provide registration, reception and administrative support for ESL Services. Duties will include providing in-person, telephone and email responses to registration enquiries, general information about ESL Services’ programs and other department related inquires; preparing and processing purchases orders, travel claims, student refunds, refundable expense reports and printing /stationary requests; monitoring and updating website and other ESL marketing materials; registering and processing all applications/payments for the IELP, SELP, CELP and Conditional Acceptance programs and the Homestay Program, ensuring all payments are received and applied; tracking and processing SACB (Saudi Arabian Cultural Bureau) letters of financial guarantee; preparing testing materials, evaluation forms, transcripts and certificates; communicating with Scheduling for classroom assignments; creating and distributing attendance spreadsheets for each term; collecting and entering grades; setting up and maintaining the office filing system; compiling data and preparing reports; sorting and distributing mail; preparing outgoing mail; processing letter of request by students (attendance verifications, transcript replacements, letter of acceptance); updating student information; booking meeting rooms and taking meeting minutes; and other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director.
- College Diploma (office administration) or 2-5 years comparable previous work experience
- Comprehensive computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, database systems, phone systems
- Experience with DB Brock, Brock DB and Bears and HR systems and updating websites an asset
- Flexible and adaptable in a busy work environment
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to handle high volume telephone/in-person inquiries in situations that require sensitivity to the culture/linguistic backgrounds of the contacts
- Strong organizational skills; proficient keyboarding, proofreading; detailed record keeping and accounting skills
- Ability to problem solve, interpret information and resolve issues with professionalism and initiative
Applicants are invited to submit a resumé and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, September 25, 2012.
Visit us at: brocku.ca/hr
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.