[ back ] [ print ]
|Posted:||Aug 9, 2012|
|Department:||Custodial Services, Facilities Management|
|Salary Scale:||$11.97 per hour|
|Hours of Work:||32 - 40 hours per month in 8-hour shifts|
Applications are invited from FULL-TIME BROCK UNIVERSITY STUDENTS interested in working during the Academic Year (to start September 8, 2012 up to April 28, 2013) in Custodial Services. The rate of pay is $11.97 per hour.
The residence operation is a 24/7 operation and students must be available to work weekends (majority of shifts) and some variable shifts, and are expected to work between 32 and 40 hours per month in 8-hour shifts (generally between the hours of 8am to 8pm). Additional hours may be required and shift times may be altered, depending on operational needs.
Assigned duties may include but are not limited to:
• garbage removal
• washroom cleaning
• vacuuming, dusting and damp mopping
• furniture moving
• window washing, carpet and floor maintenance
• other related duties as assigned in servicing the residence buildings
Requirements of the job:
• The ability to walk up and down stairs;
• The ability to move and lift items, materials, equipment and supplies of varying weights/sizes (weighing up to 22 kg) on a consistent basis;
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
• Previous cleaning experience, preferably in a similar residential environment;
• Knowledge of residence and its facilities would be an asset.
Please submit a fully completed application form, along with a resumé, to Human Resources and Environment, Health & Safety (HR/EHS), BROCK UNIVERSITY, St. Catharines, ON L2S 3A1 by Tuesday, August 14, 2012. Application forms are available in HR/EHS, Schmon Tower, 12th Floor or may be printed from the web at http://brocku.ca/hr - see “Career Opportunities”, then “General Application Form”. Please indicate "Student Custodial Services" on the top of the application form. Application forms and resumés may be sent electronically to email@example.com.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.