Alcohol Service Regulations
Below are a host of regulations that apply to all groups or individuals hosting events that involve alcoholic beverages on campus:
- All liquor served and/or consumed at a licensed event must be purchased through one of the University’s Liquor Sales Licences. No other liquor may be brought into or consumed at any function covered by this policy. Therefore, liquor purchased by non-authorized individuals or groups at local liquor stores or donated by a producer/manufacturer’s representative cannot be sold or consumed at any function on campus.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages is permitted only within the approved area designated for the event.
- Non-alcoholic beverages and food must be present at any event with alcohol service.
- Admission to events will be limited to the authorized number of persons as established by the occupancy load of the facility. Liquor functions can be held only in authorized rooms.
- Bartenders are not to serve more than two drinks per customer at a time. Bartenders must be Smart Serve compliant. Bartenders retain the right to I.D. and authority to refuse service to anyone who:
- is underage
- may appear or is, in fact, intoxicated
- is unruly
- is a nuisance
- For any event using tickets, a limited number of tickets can be given depending on the time and duration of the function.
- Service of alcohol for events may only take place between the hours of 11am and 1am.
- No activity shall be permitted that would promote immoderate consumption of alcohol (self-serve or unlimited bars). No group associated with Brock University may sell tickets that give the holder access to an unspecified number of alcoholic beverages.