Becoming a Member
Centre for Health and Well-Being
Becoming a Member
Participants must be referred to us by their physician.
Our program is for people with heart disease or at high risk for heart disease. In most cases, participants will have experienced one of the following:
- Myocardial Infarction (Heart Attack)
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Heart / Heart -Lung Transplant
This program also acts as PRIMARY PREVENTION for people at high risk for heart disease, these participants will have one or more of the following risk factors:
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
If you fit either (or both) of the above profiles, download our referral form and take it to your physician. If they feel that our program is right for you, have them fill it out and return the referral form to our office. Someone from the program will then contact you to set up an appointment to get you started.
Exercise Stress Test
An exercise stress test is performed before a member starts the program.
- If necessary, we will help you set-up a cardiologist-supervised exercise stress test.
This exercise stess test is used to assess each participant’s physical condition and allows us to prescribe individualize d exercise programs.
- The exercise stress test will be repeated at various times throughout the program to monitor progress.
We encourage partners to participate in all aspects of the program with physician approval. The fee is reduced for spouses of participants.
$400/yr for participant | $300/yr for partner
* Our program does not receive government funding because we are not an affiliated hospital with the Local Health Integrated Network.
Brock University Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
Brock Research and Innovation Centre, Room 122
130 Lockhart Drive
St. Catharines, ON
Tel: (905) 688-5550 ext.5585
Fax: (905) 378-5724