eBulletin Issue 101
Faculty of Graduate Studies
eBulletin Issue 101
Highlights for this Issue
• UPDATE — Mapping the New Knowledges conference:
- Call for Oral or Poster Proposals — Open until Friday, Feb. 19.
- 3MT® Preliminary Round, Tuesday, Feb. 23, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., Pond Inlet followed by GSA Social — Come out and watch this year’s 3MT® presentations. The preliminary round will determine the top presentations to advance to the finals on conference day, April 7.
Following the preliminary presentations, stay around for the GSA Social, 6:30 to 11 p.m., beer tasting brought to you by Old Tomorrow and live music by the group By Design.
Visit the MNK website for details.
MNK AWARDS — Nomination deadline March 10
CLICK HERE for more details and to submit nominations for:
Graduate Mentorship Awards: Graduate students are invited to submit nominations to honour and recognize your supervisor for their mentorship of graduate students.
Marilyn Rose Leadership Award: The Brock community is invited to submit nomination to recognize faculty, staff and students for their work and leadership in enhancing the graduate studies experience at the University.
• REMINDER — UPCOMING VITAE WORKSHOPS: SAVE the DATES!
Thursday, February 4 (4:30 to 6:30 p.m.) Knowledge Translation: Workshop a KT Plan
Thursday, February 11, (4:30 to 6:30 p.m.) Media 102: Pitch and Present
Wednesday, March 2, (4:30 to 6:30 p.m.) TWEET, Research and Curate
Mid-March TBA, Make Sense of Your Transferable Skills
Thursday, March 24, (4:00 to 7:30 p.m.) RIOT: Research Is On Tap
Thursday, April 21 (all day) SHIFT Conference
Communication challenges are a tremendous professional exercise to hone your creative resources and tell your research story! All communications challenges/contests are posted on the VITAE website banner; simply scroll through the images.
• REMINDER - Call for Applications to The President's Surgite Award: Ten awards (three to graduate students and seven to undergraduate students) are presented annually to recognize Brock students who have been outstanding in one or more of the following areas:
· Demonstrated exemplary leadership in a student club, organization, association or team.
· Did something exceptional that helped to advance Brock's academic reputation.
· Made a significant contribution to student life at Brock.
· Provided a valuable service to Brock or the broader community.
Deadline: Monday, Feb. 8, 4:30 p.m. at Student Awards & Financial Aid, Schmon Tower 402.
Information and application form is available on theStudent Awards and Financial Aid website.
• FGS e-Bulletin schedule for 2016 Winter term:
February 11 and 25
March 10 and 24
April 7 and 21
May 5 and 19