Written by: Sandy Howe
It’s hard to believe the end of May has crept up already! As we head into June, Niagara continues to offer plenty of things to do and see! Make some time for these things coming up:
- Springlicious – Friday-Sunday, May 29-31 in downtown Niagara Falls
Join more than 30,000 others in checking out over 50+ vendors including artisans and food, the midway games and rides, local beer and wine, and plenty of entertainment including 54-40 in concert Saturday night.
- Folk Arts in the Park – Saturday and Sunday, May 30 & 31 in Montebello Park, St. Catharines
Take in some of Canada’s culture through music and dance, stroll through the Marketplace for cultural crafts and art pieces, participate in hands-on cultural activities and enjoy cultural foods by our Food Truck Vendors. Also check out the Niagara Folk Arts Festival Parade Saturday morning at 11am.
- Yoga in the Park – kicking off on Wednesday, June 3rd and hosted by Moksha Yoga every Wednesday at 5pm in the Montebello Park Pavillion. Bring your mat, join the community, and enjoy your yoga practice outdoors!
- ArtPark Concert Series – looking for some music to brighten your summer?! Check out the Tuesday and Wednesday evening concerts at ArtPark just across the border in Lewiston, NY! This regular line-up of great $12 concerts in a huge outdoor park has something for everyone!
- Dirty Badger Trail Run – For the second year in a row, the Dirty Badger will take you up, down, through, and around some of the most challenging and exciting trails in the Niagara Region. Bring your Brock spirit on Saturday, August 22nd and sign up for the 5km or 10kmn options as a team or on your own (note: this is not an obstacle race or mud run, just the beauty of running/walking on the trails) and don’t forget – early bird registration at the most reduced rate closes on Monday, June 1st (although sign-ups continue well beyond this).
Enjoy a wonderful week and get out to #ExploreNiagara!