Written by: Sandy Howe
This week holds a cool, diverse list of things happening here in Niagara:
- Livestock Niagara 2015 Music Festival – Friday, July 24 at Taps Brewery (Free! 4680 Queen St., Niagara Falls). Livestock Niagara 2015 is Niagara Falls’ first annual music festival showcasing some of the best new talent from the area. Check out 18 in total on 2 outdoor stages and visit the website for more info.
- Niagara Jazz Festival – Thursday, July 23 – Sunday, July 26 at various locations across the region. The TD Niagara Jazz Festival celebrates music, life and art. Join in and check out this great mix of free and ticketed events. Visit the website for the schedule of musicians, locations and prices.
- Food Truck Fest at Mike Weir Winery – Saturday, July 25 from 12:00-8:00pm (at Mike Weir Winery, 4041 Locust Lane, Beamsville). Get your $5 ticket for 20+ food trucks (listing on the website) as well as commemorative wine glass.
- Mike Weir 5km Bench Run – feeling motivated on Saturday, July 25 at 10:30am, raise a glass for a great cause and join in the run benefiting the Mike Weir Foundation for Children’s Charities, then spend the rest of your day enjoying Food Truck Fest (complimentary admission with race registration) and The Underdog BBQ Bar!
- The Grand River Champion of Champions Pow Wow – Saturday & Sunday, Jul 25 & 26. This pow wow is a multicultural event held annually to promote the rich arts heritage of local Aboriginal peoples by showcasing it in their music, dance, arts, and crafts. There is a dance competition where participants dress in their traditional regalia while local cultural musicians play songs of social gatherings. There are food and craft vendors from numerous Native American nations that come and present their works. $10.
Have a great week and get out to #ExploreNiagara!