Child Advocacy Centre Niagara is a safe place to tell your secrets for children and youth who have been physically abused, sexually abused, become the targets of internet luring or were the unwilling witness of violence. Opened in Fall 2008, the Centre serves Niagara’s 12 municipalities, helping children and families cope with the life altering impact of child abuse. CACN’s partners are Niagara Regional Police Service, Family and Children’s Services Niagara, Family Counselling Centre Niagara and medical professionals.
At CACN we believe that Volunteering can be an exciting and enjoyable experience. We value the unique perspectives that volunteers provide. CACN encourages volunteers to utilize their creativity and skill sets through volunteer opportunities.
Child Advocacy Center Niagara is always looking for volunteers to assist with:
– Office Assistance: Assist in reception duties including typing, filing, photocopying, correspondence, assisting with mailings, and other general office duties as assigned.
– Special Events: Join a core group of volunteers to support the many important community events held throughout the calendar year (including our signature Kids Golfing for Kids event).
– Communications: Join our volunteer committee that oversees CACN’s public relations, media and communications materials.
– Fundraising: Assist CACN staff and board members during special events and/or become a member of CACN’s annual giving committee.
– Community Ambassadors: CACN is always looking for volunteers interested in attending community events. These events are usually hosted by a third party organization where organizations come together to provide information, answer questions and provide activities suitable for the event.
– Material Translation: Convert all CACN documentation into alternative languages in order to reach Niagara’s diverse community.
At CACN we believe that volunteering is a reciprocal relationship. As a volunteer you will gain practical experience that is relevant to your career prospects while supporting a great cause.
By volunteering at Child Advocacy Centre Niagara you are assisting us reach our goal of helping. healing. ending child abuse.
If you are interested in volunteering or have any questions about CACN contact our Community Relations Assistant, Susanne McCarroll or visit VolunteerFEST 2013 taking place at Brock University on September 12th in Guernsey Market from 10am-2pm.
phone: (905) 937 – 5435 x7034
Visit us online through our website www.cacniagara.org, Facebook page, or follow us on Twitter.