Do I automatically receive the Student Opportunity Grant?
No, the Student Opportunity Grant is not guaranteed. All students are eligible to receive the grant, but there are some circumstances that may disqualify you from receiving the grant.
You are not eligible for a grant if you:
- Withdraw or are expelled from your program of studies before you have completed your academic year.
- Reduce your course load to part time (less than 60 percent of a full course load or less than 40 percent if you are a student with a permanent disability).
- Are enrolled in a one term program (less than 21 weeks) or have completed only one term of your program
- Have defaulted on a previous student loan(s), and/or
- Have been reassessed and your loan entitlement has been reduced to less than $7,000 for a two term academic year or $10,500 for three term academic year.
Last update: 2007-06-25 13:42