* For upcoming & current ESRC events, please visit our Events section on our homepage.
- 22nd: Thanks for celebrating Earth Day with us at the Chancellor's Chair for Research Excellence Lecture Series! This lecture was titled "Pursuing Sustainability in a Complex World: Governance Strategies for Social-Ecological Systems" and featured Ryan Plummer's research from 2008-2011. For more information, click here.
- 12th: Environmental Sustainability in a Changing Climate Research Café. ESRC and the Faculty of Graduate Studies partnered up to host a Research Café. This event featured a panel discussion by Ryan Plummer, Julia Baird, Debbie Inglis, Kerrie Pickering, Liette Vasseur, and Sarah Merza and featured poster presentations by Brock faculty and students.
- 30th: Third Annual Rodman Hall Seminar. Speakers included: Diane Dupont, Zafar Adeel, Sandra Znajda, Liz Nield, and Marcia Jacklin. For more information, click here.
- 30th: Brown Bag Lunch Featuring Mohamed Bhyat.
- 8th: International Women's Day, Women and Water Seminar.
- 26th: ESRC Raises the UN Flag on Brock Campus.
- 26th: Second Annual Rodman Hall Seminar. Speakers included: Tim Heinmiller, Diane Dupont, Steven Renzetti, Ryan Plummer, and Samantha Purdy.
- BESRU hosts the First Annual Rodman Hall Seminar. Speakers included: Richard Mitchell, Åsa Gerger-Swartling, and more.
- ESRC hosts a workshop on Social ecological inventories: Building resilience to environmental change within biosphere reserves.
Partner & External Events
- 27th-29th: 2014 Congress of Humanities and Social Sciences is being held at Brock University. The Environmental Studies Association of Canada is one of the Associations that holds its annual conference at Congress each year.
- 17th-20th: The Coastal Challenges Communities- Communities-Universities Research Alliance ( CCC-CURA) will host their Winter Institute in Moncton, NB. This institute, titled "The role of facilitator of the adaptation and resilience process in the face of climate change" will be co-hosted by the New Brunswick Environmental Network and Department of Environment and Local Government of New-Brunswick. For more information, visit their website.
- 27th-29th: POLIS is partnering with ESRC, the Department of Geography at the University of Victoria, and others to co-host Watersheds 2014: Towards Watershed Governance in British Columbia & Beyond—a forum designed to support skills development and capacity-building for watershed groups, First Nations, and community watershed champions. Registration for this unique event is now open, space is limited, so sign up early!
- 13th: POLIS Water Sustainability Project is hosting a webinar, part of its Creating a Blue Dialogue webinar series. Ben Parfitt and James Tate will discuss "A Modernized Water Act and B.C.’s Expanding Natural Gas Sector". For more information, click here. Space is limited, so sign up early!
- 28th: POLIS Water Sustainability Project kicks off a new Season in their Creating a Blue Dialogue Webinar Series. Guests, Angus McAllister and Tim Morris will disucss "Understanding B.C.'s Waterscape" The Emerging "Water Movement" & the Power of the Poll". For more information, click here. Space is limited, so sign up early!
- May 25-26: World Conference on Climate Change and Humanity is a multidisciplinary conference related to the studies in the field of climate change and global warming in Vienna, Austria. For more information, click here.
- 23rd: POLIS Water Sustainability Project is hosting a webinar, part of its Creating a Blue Dialogue webinar series. Guest speakers, Deborah Curran and Glen Spain will discuss "When the Water Dries Up: Lessons from the Failure of Water Entitlements in Canada and the U.S.". For more information, click here. Space is limited, so sign up early!
- 8th (8-10:30am):The Niagara Sustainability Initiative is partnering with Sustainable Hamilton to host the "Blue Capital: Opportunities in Sustainable Water Solutions" breakfast and learning forum. To register for this event, or to learn more about it, click here.
- 28th: UN University is hosting a seminar series on Managing Coasts in a Changing World. ESRC's Liette Vasseur will discuss "Preparing Coastal Communities of Atlantic Canada: Challenges of Preserving Natural & Sociocultural Elements". For more information, click here.
- 19th: POLIS is partnering with the Ontario Centre for Climate Impacts and Adaptation Resources (OCCIAR) and the Adaptation to Climate Change Team (ACT) to host the webinar "The Climate Resilience Gap: A Global Insurer's Perspective." For more information, click here. Space is limited, so sign up early!
- 9th: POLIS Water Sustainability Project is hosting a webinar, part of its Creating a Blue Dialogue webinar series. Guest speakers, Michele-Lee Moore and Frances Westley will discuss "Global Networks & Governance Innovation: Tools for Resilient Watersheds". If you would like to participate in this webinar, or are interested in learning more, please click here. Register soon, space is limited!