Upcoming & Current ESRC Events
Past ESRC Events
- 24th: Brown Bag Lunch "Birding Northern Peru from the Amazon to the Pacific: Biodiversity Heaven" featuring ESRC's Marcie Jacklin.
- 29th: ESRC Science Café "Energizing Discussion and Change for a Sustainable Future". This Science Café featured Tom Rankin and Jordan Beekhuis from Rankin Construction, and Dr. Christina Hoicka from York University. A special thanks to our friends at Mahtay Café for hosting us.
- 5th: ESRC Science Café "Sustainability in our Region: Why is Biodiversity Important?" . This Science Café featured Brock graduate student, Shawn Geniole; Deanna Linbalnd from the NPCA; Pete Pirrell from GM; and was facilitated Larry Fedoruk from AM 610 CKTB. A special thanks to our friends at Mahtay Café for hosting us.
- 29th: Brown Bag Lunch featuring Anne-Marie Laurence frin Ontario's Niagara Escarpment (ONE) Monitoring Program, Niagara Escarpment Commission.
- 22nd: Thanks for celebrating Earth Day with us at the Chancellor's Chair for Research Excellence Lecture Series! This lecture was titled "Pursuing Sustainability in a Complex World: Governance Strategies for Social-Ecological Systems" and featured Ryan Plummer's research from 2008-2011.
- 12th: Environmental Sustainability in a Changing Climate Research Café. ESRC and the Faculty of Graduate Studies partnered up to host a Research Café. This event featured a panel discussion by Ryan Plummer, Julia Baird, Debbie Inglis, Kerrie Pickering, Liette Vasseur, and Sarah Merza and featured poster presentations by Brock faculty and students.
- 30th: Third Annual Rodman Hall Seminar. Speakers included: Diane Dupont, Zafar Adeel, Sandra Znajda, Liz Nield, and Marcia Jacklin. For more information, click here.
- 30th: Brown Bag Lunch Featuring Mohamed Bhyat.
- 8th: International Women's Day, Women and Water Seminar.
- 26th: ESRC Raises the UN Flag on Brock Campus.
- 26th: Second Annual Rodman Hall Seminar. Speakers included: Tim Heinmiller, Diane Dupont, Steven Renzetti, Ryan Plummer, and Samantha Purdy.
- BESRU hosts the First Annual Rodman Hall Seminar. Speakers included: Richard Mitchell, Åsa Gerger-Swartling, and more.
- ESRC hosts a workshop on Social ecological inventories: Building resilience to environmental change within biosphere reserves.