Faculty of Education
Please visit International Recruitment for a wide variety of links and resources of interest to International Students.
- What is the focus of the PMPCP/Ed program?
- How many students are in each class?
- How many hours per week will I be in the classroom?
- Will we have opportunities to interact with Canadian students?
- Will this program help me improve my TOEFL or IELTS score?
- What countries are students from?
- What is the PMPCP/Ed candidate profile?
- How can I apply to the PMPCP/Ed at Brock University?
- Can I apply to the PMPCP/Ed without the TOEFL or IELTS score?
- I am still a 4th year university student, can I apply now or do I have to wait until I graduate?
- When is the deadline to apply for the PMPCP/Ed program?
- Can I apply for January admission?
- Do you require a certain undergraduate degree to apply?
- How long will it take to process my application?
- Do I need my Letter of Admission to register?
- Can I email my application?
- Will I have access to the library?
- Can I use computers at Brock University?
- Will I have Internet access at Brock University?
- Does Brock offer financial assistance to PMPCP/Ed Students?
- If I do not receive my Student Visa, can I receive a refund?
- Do I need a student visa?
- What kind of social and academic activities are there for the PMPCP/Ed students?
The PMPCP/Ed encourages you to interact with the Master of Education students. The program also enhances such integration by having Faculty guest speakers and organizing social events.
All candidates in the program are mature students and intend to achieve high standards of academic excellence. The candidates are dedicated to their studies. As a result of success in the PMPCP, candidates have been admitted to graduate programs to which they have applied.
Students from China:
Please contact one of our authorized agents in China. A list of agents is available.
Students from countries other than China:
An application package in PDF format is available for download.
Yes. However, you must achieve an acceptable TOEFL PBT500, CBT173, IBT61 or IELTS 5.0 score to enrol in the PMPCP/Ed prior to registering in any of Brock’s classes.
You may apply now with your up-to-date transcript and a school letter certifying that you are a 4th year university student. You may get a conditional offer of admission from Brock University but you must submit a notarized certificate of the bachelor’s degree and a notarized transcript before you can register at Brock University.
We have an intake class only in September of each year for this program. The deadline for application as an international student is May 15 each year. However, early applications are encouraged.
No. All academic disciplines of studies are welcome to apply
Upon receiving your complete application, including application form, application fee, and two letters of references, statement of intent, and TOEFL or IELTS score, and your application normally will be processed within two weeks. Your original letter of acceptance will be sent to you by courier.
Yes. You need your letter of admission or a copy of it for registration.
Yes. You can first email your application (preferred in PDF format) for evaluation purposes. You must mail your original documents to us in order to be considered for admission.
Your registration in the PMPCP/Ed includes a Library Membership at the Brock University and entitles you to all the privileges from borrowing books, audio and visual resources to research materials. You can also use the computer facilities at the library.
Can I use computers at Brock University?
You may access to Brock’s wireless internet service using your own laptop computer anywhere on campus or choose to use any computer labs situated across Brock campus. Every Brock student has a unique logon ID for accessing the Brock computing network.
All Brock University Students are entitled to an email account, commonly known as a “Badger account". This account is separate from your computer lab accounts. Brock has several computer lab facilities and you, as a student, have access to these labs. In our computer labs, you have access to printing, scanning, and numerous software applications. The following links should help you get started with creating your accounts, logging in, changing passwords, and other things related to your Badger and computer lab accounts.
There is no financial aid available to certificate students at Brock University.
Tuition fees will ONLY be refunded to the PAYER, less application fee (CDN $100.00), and any commission paid to agent, if a Student Visa to Canada is not granted. All applications for these refunds shall be in writing and accompanied by the following documents:
• A copy of application form for Student Visa;
• Original Canadian Embassy letter of rejection;
• Original tuition receipt.
Do I need to purchase health insurance?
Yes. The University Health Insurance Plan is mandatory for all international students.
Do I need a Student Visa?
Yes. Immigration Canada requires a visa for any visit that is longer than six-months in duration. The PMPCP/Ed is an 8 month long program so you will need a Student Visa. Please consult with the Canadian Embassy or High Commission in your area for specific details.
There is a reception at the commencement of the program and a lunch at the end of each semester. There are also activities such as school visits and Thanksgiving, Halloween and other Canadian holidays, where you will learn about Canadian education, culture and history. There are many opportunities for students to enjoy the state-of-art sports facilities and to participate in many activities with undergraduate and graduate students.