Successful completion of an Honours Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in any discipline with an overall Grade Point Average Brock equivalent of 75%. Professional work experience is a valuable asset but not necessary. Applicants who have not completed three or more years of post-secondary work at a Canadian institution, or at an institution where English was the primary language of instruction, will be required to provide proof of English language proficiency through a TOEFL score. Visit Graduate Studies for requirements.
Admission into the MEd ISP in any one year is dependent, in part, on sufficient student enrolment and/or the availability of supervisory and teaching resources. Intake into the MEd ISP is July 1 of each calendar year.
MEd ISP applications must be received by February 15th each year in order to be considered for admission.
All applications from China must be processed through Can-Zhong Consulting or one of their authorized partner agencies in China. (Please do not submit an online application without Can-Zhong as it cannot be processed.) See International Agent information below.
2. Original official university transcripts to date (submitted in signed and sealed envelopes directly to Brock).
3. Two (2) confidential letters of reference - one from a referee who is familiar with your professional work and one from an academic referee who can attest to your ability to pursue graduate studies.
4. A 500-800 word Statement of Intent indicating study interests and reasons for applying to the program.
5. A resume detailing professional and educational experience.
6. Teaching certification (if applicable).
* Non-English documents MUST be accompanied by notarized English translations.
* All the above application documents must be prepared and delivered to the Faculty of Education before on-site interviews take place. Incomplete files will not be considered for admission.
A non-refundable application fee of $130.00 in Canadian funds must be submitted for the MEd ISP program. Applications will not be processed without the application fee. For detailed payment methods, please click
For the current MEd ISP tuition, please visit Brock Financial and Administrative Services website here
. This fee includes four terms of study (16 months) and required textbooks. The tuition fee must be paid prior to commencement of the MEd ISP. Details of payment will be provided upon admission to the program.
Living expenses, transportation, ancillary fees and medical insurance premium are the responsibility of the student.
Students in the MEd ISP are not eligible for financial support from the Ontarion Student Assistance Program (OSAP). This exclusion includes students who are Permanent Residents of Canada.
The following agent is authorized to submit applications to the Master of Education International Student Program (MEd ISP). If an agent is not on this list, that agent is not an authorized agent of the Faculty of Education, Brock University.
Please contact Can-Zhong International Education Consulting.
All applications from China must be processed through Can-Zhong Consulting or one of their authorized partner agencies in China.
Information about Can-Zhong Consulting can be found at the following websites:
Applicants from outside China, may submit an application directly to Brock University