Faculty of Education
Brock's teacher education programs are six years in length. The following concurrent programs are available:
Primary/Junior (Grades K-6)
- Concurrent BA Child and Youth Studies (Honours)/BEd
Junior/Intermediate (emphasis Grades 4-8), certification Grades 4-10
- Concurrent BA Integrated Studies (Honours)/BEd
- Concurrent BSc Integrated Studies (Honours)/BEd
- Concurrent BPhEd (Honours)/BEd
Intermediate/Senior (Grades 7-12)
- Concurrent BA (Honours)/BEd
- Concurrent BSc (Honours)/BEd
- Concurrent BPhEd/BEd (Honours)/BEd
For information about each specific concurrent program please read the current Brock University Undergraduate Calendar. Click on the calendar for a specific year and follow the links to concurrent programs under the general heading of Education. For additional information on course descriptions, check under the department for a specific subject, for example, Mathematics.
Students from all concurrent education programs share a common final four semesters.
Highlights of this shared program include:
- A four-semester/two-year program allowing you time to learn, practice, and reflect.
- You will be where you want to be: in a school beginning as early as the September of your first term.
- You will participate in professional development activities and specially planned conferences to personalize your learning and develop a unique experience portfolio.
- Support is provided in developing job search, resume, and interview skills.
- Your practice teaching days will exceed the provincially regulated minimum in-school practicum days to further enhance your skills.
- All teacher candidates receive specialized courses in inclusive education, teacher as researcher, teaching with technology, special education.
- Primary/junior and junior/intermediate programs also receive instruction in all four arts disciplines.
- A range of practice teaching options are available to qualifying students, including:
- International placements
- Alternative instructional placements such as museums
- Experience in a diverse range of school settings
- Brock University gives you a mid-program break (roughly May- August) to enroll in optional courses, pursue extra teaching experiences or summer employment.
- Brock University has two campuses offering Teacher Education programming: St. Catharines and Hamilton, with placements in Niagara, Hamilton-Wentworth, Halton, Peel, and Brant Haldimand Norfolk and in both Catholic and public school boards.