Faculty of Education
Brock's concurrent education programs are six years in length. The following concurrent programs are available:
Primary/Junior (Grades K-6)
- Concurrent BA Child and Youth Studies (Honours)/BEd
Junior/Intermediate (emphasis Grades 4-8), certification Grades 4-10
- Concurrent BA Integrated Studies (Honours)/BEd
- Concurrent BSc Integrated Studies (Honours)/BEd
- Concurrent BPhEd (Honours)/BEd
Intermediate/Senior (Grades 7-12)
- Concurrent BA (Honours)/BEd
- Concurrent BSc (Honours)/BEd
- Concurrent BPhEd/BEd (Honours)/BEd
For information about each specific concurrent program please read the current Brock University Undergraduate Calendar. Click on the calendar for a specific year and follow the links to concurrent programs under the general heading of Education. For additional information on course descriptions, check under the department for a specific subject, for example, Mathematics.
Highlights of your BEd degree include:
- You will participate in professional development activities and specially planned conferences to personalize your learning and develop a unique experience portfolio.
- Support is provided in developing job search, resume, and interview skills.
- Your practice teaching days will exceed the provincially regulated minimum in-school practicum days to further enhance your skills.
- All teacher candidates receive specialized courses in inclusive education, teacher as researcher, teaching with technology, special education.
- Primary/junior and junior/intermediate programs also receive instruction in all four arts disciplines.
- A range of practice teaching options are available to qualifying students, including:
- International placements
- Alternative instructional placements such as museums
- Experience in a diverse range of school settings
- Brock University gives you a mid-program break (roughly May- August) to enroll in optional courses, pursue extra teaching experiences or summer employment.
- In the final two years of the program, students may be able to access Brock's Hamilton Campus with placements in Hamilton-Wentworth, Halton, Peel, and Brant Haldimand Norfolk in both Catholic and public school boards. Students at the St. Catharines campus complete their practicum in Niagara school boards both Catholic and public.
Laura Perri MEd Thesis Defence
October 20, 2015 - 10:00am - 12:00pm
ihub fall mixer
October 5, 2015 - 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Scholarship Information/Workshop Sessions - September and October
September 10, 2015 - 1:30pm - October 1, 2015 - 11:30am