Program Advisory Committee
Faculty of Education
Program Advisory Committee
The committee is responsible for overseeing the planning for revision and expansion of curriculum and adult education outreach projects.
The Program Committee is comprised of members from many communities within and beyond the university. This working group includes faculty members from Education and other Faculties at Brock University, graduates of the program, course facilitators, University staff, and members having affiliations with broader public and private sectors, all of whom share an interest in adult education.
Serving on the Program Committee are:
- Dr. Sharon Abbey, Professor, Teacher Education, and CAECO Director, Faculty of Education
- Dr. Maureen Connolly, Professor, Physical Education and Kinesiology, Faculty of Applied Health Sciences
- Dr. Susan Drake, Professor, Graduate and Undergraduate Studies in Education, Faculty of Education
- Dr. Candace Figg, Professor, Teacher Education, Faculty of Education
- Dr. Michael Manley-Casimir, Professor Emeritus, Faculty of Education
- Dr. Glenys McQueen-Fuentes, Associate Professor Dramatic Arts, School of Fine and Performing Arts
- Dr. Camille Rutherford, Associate Professor, Teacher Education, Faculty of Education
- Geraldine Jones, Assistant Registrar, Education, Brock University
- Selvum Pillay
- Dr. Mary Saudelli, Director, Reading Clinic
- Dr. Susan Sydor, Interim Associate Dean, Faculty of Education
- Karen Tribble
- Virginia Vickers, ADED facilitator, CAECO, Faculty of Education
- Ryan M. Morreale, ADED student, CAECO, Faculty of Education
CAECO staff representatives:
- Sandra Plavinskis, CAECO Administrative Director
- Laurie Jackson, CAECO Administrative Assistant
- Stella Han, CAECO Academic Advisor
- Felicity Harrison, CAECO Academic Advisor
- CAECO Global Initiatives Coordinator
- Heather Junke, CAECO Communications and Marketing
Dr. Sharon Abbey, Professor, Teacher Education and CAECO Director
Dr. Susan Drake,Professor, Graduate and Undergraduate Studies in Education
Dr. Candace Figg, Professor, Teacher Education
Dr. Michael Manley-Casimir, Professor Emeritus, Faculty of Education
Dr. Camille Rutherford, Associate Professor, Teacher Education
Geraldine Jones, Assistant Registrar, Education
Geraldine Jones has been a member of the Brock community for eight years. She is currently the Assistant Registrar, Education for Brock and the Chair of the Association of Education Registrars of Ontario Universities (AEROU). She also is a staff representative on the Brock University Board of Trustees. Prior to joining the Office of the Registrar at the University she worked as the Manager, Student Awards.
Virginia Vickers, ADED Facilitator
Virginia Vickers began facilitating for CAECO in January of 2005, after 33 years in secondary and middle school education, first with the Lincoln County Board of Education, and latterly at Ridley College, where she was Head of English. She has a BA (Honours) from the University of Waterloo, and a MEd in Adult Education from the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education at the University of Toronto. She also earned a certificate in Computer Science and Information Processing at Brock.
Ryan M. Morreale
Ryan M. Morreale is a recent graduate of the Adult Education degree program at Brock University and also has a BA, Human Geography. His research interests include the emotional connection adults experience throughout their learning, transformation learning experiences, and technology’s connection with the learner and educator within learning environments. Ryan is employed as a facilitator/instructor at St. Charles Adult Education Centres and also works at Purolator Courier Ltd.
Selvum Pillay emigrated from South Africa and has lived in Niagara for past 40 years. She has a BA as well as a BEd in Adult Education from Brock. Selvum is the owner/operator of Selnem Services Ltd., a consultancy business for health professionals. She has volunteered her time to community organizations for the past 25 years and is a current board member with Gillian’s Place, and Quest Community Health Centre.
Karen is a retired hospital administrator who is a lifetime resident of Niagara. She has a BSc Physiotherapy degree from Queen’s University, an MBA from McMaster University and earned the designation of Certified Health Executive from the Canadian College of Health Services Executives. She held various senior administrative positions in hospitals for 25 years including Vice President, Clinical Services at the Hotel Dieu Shaver Hospital and Vice President, Patient Services at the Niagara Health System.