Field Camp 1996
ERSC 3P99 - Field Camp
You have reached the Home Page of ERSC 3P99 - Field Camp, offered by Brock University.
Since 1987 the Department of Earth Sciences has run its annual Field Camp in the Elliot Lake - Espanola - Sudbury area of Northern Ontario (Location Map). Work concentrates on the Proterozoic Huronian Supergroup of the Southern Structural Province. We also visit/examine:
This page provides links to the first chapter of the Field Camp Manual, which serves as an introduction to the camp.
- the underlying unconformity with the Archean Superior Province, at Elliot Lake,
- the Sudbury Structure
- the overlying Paleozoic (Ordovician) carbonates, on Manitoulin Island.
Links are also provided to a series of photographs (JPG images) showing various aspects and participants of the Field Camp over the years.
- 1998 images This year marked the largest group yet to particpate in the Field Camp. This years camp will be remembered for two things: 1) baseball caps supplied by Peter and Trudy Vessey, owners of Charlton Lake Camp, and 2) Jeff's Jump (see photo below).
- 1997 images From these images the viewer can see that the weather was much more co-operative than in 1996. Also this year marks a change in ownership of Charlton Lake Camp.
- 1996 images The 1996 camp will be rememberd as the year of weather extremes - snow, frozen water lines, fog, sunshine - have a look at the images they tell it all.