Interested in pursuing a career in Health Care? Get on the path to success and apply for Brock University’s unique experiential program Med Plus. Med Plus is a four year non-credit initiative designed to run concurrently with a student’s academic study.
Med Plus is a program that runs in partnership with:
- Niagara Region medical and health professional organizations, individual practitioners and hospitals
- Brock University academic programs
- Brock University Student Health Services
Why Should You Be Interested?
Med Plus can provide you with the competitive edge necessary to set yourself apart from other students.
- You will gain exposure to a variety of different professions within the broad spectrum of health care
- You will increase your competitive edge when applying to professional programs such as medical, physiotherapy, chiropractics, graduate etc
- You will develop an autobiographic sketch that will set you apart from other students
- Med Plus will provide you with resources and support necessary to be successful in your future career
Components of the program
Volunteer Opportunities (50 hours per year)
Our Volunteer Coordinator helps Med Plus students secure volunteer placements in the Niagara area. Students make valuable connections and gain experience at health-related, community agencies with the Niagara area. at health-related, community agencies within the Niagara area
Hear what this student has to say about his experience volunteering in Med Plus - watch now!
Speakers Series/Observational Visits
Med Plus students have the opportunity to connect with a variety of Health Care professionals through speaker sessions and observational visits. Practitioners talk openly about their careers, schooling and the patients/clients they work with of speaker’s professional environment
Through Job Shadowing opportunities Med Plus students can experience “a day in the life” of a health care professional in many different areas for example surgery, cardiology, chiropractics, physiotherapy, etc.
Skill Development Workshops
Med Plus offers workshops to enhance student skills in a wide variety of area. Examples of the workshops include CPR, First Aid, Leadership Skills, Career Exploration, Professional School Application and MCAT preparation
Senior students share their experiences and offer support and guidance to first year Med Plus students
Students participate in individual and group meetings with the Med Plus Coordinator to discuss the student’s progress, career plan, volunteer work, course load the Med Plus curriculum.
For more information please contact:
Med Plus Coordinator
(905) 688-5550 ext 3106