Practice, Practice, Practice!
Making an excellent first impression is critical for a successful interview. Arriving on time, the way you dress, and most of all, how you express yourself can mean all the difference in your interview.
Before heading into your next interview, spend some time using our newest technology: InterviewStream! This tool provides feedback and tips of non-verbal behavior and communication missteps, plus it gives you the opportunity to seek feedback from others – your friends, family, faculty or staff in the Career Centre.
How to use InterviewStream:
You’ll need a quiet place and a computer with a web cam. If you don’t have a web cam, you can visit our office, where we’ll loan one to you. (You will need to provide a $20 deposit, which will be refunded to you when you return the web cam to us).
To access InterviewStream, login to your student or alumni CareerZone account
On CareerZone, click on Career Services > Online Resources and follow the link to InterviewStream.
Once at InterviewStream, create an account by following these steps:
- Click “Create Account” or log in of you have already registered with InterviewStream.
- We STRONGLY recommend that you view the TUTORIAL available to understand how to use this resource. It will help you understand the process, how to set up a mock interview, record it (including technical instructions related to using the web cam), view it, and should you so choose, send it to others for feedback and suggestions.
- When you are ready to practice, click on “Conduct Interview”, where you can select questions related to your program of study or the specific job for which you are preparing.
- Be sure to adjust the webcam and volume on the right side of the computer screen before beginning the interview.
- The interviewer will ask you a question and you can then respond. When finished with your response, click the mouse and it will stop recording.
- After each question, you can either “Retry” the response, “Skip” and come back to the question, “Review” to see your response, or choose “OK” to move on.
- When the interview is complete, you will receive an email with a link to view your responses and you are then able to email your interview to others for feedback. Should you choose to forward the email to the Career Centre, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive feedback from one of our highly trained Senior Career Assistants within 2 business days.
For some good tips on how to avoid using “filler” words, take a look at Umm...Like Remix video. For a good laugh, watch Scary Interview.
Good luck and have fun!
Be a Pan Am/Parapan Am Volunteer!
July 10, 2015 - 12:00pm - August 15, 2015 - 12:00pm
For a Current Listing of Career Services Events, Workshops and Job Fairs Visit CareerZone & ExperienceBU
February 3, 2014 - 12:00pm - January 1, 2016 - 12:00pm