Where are you headed?
If you are graduating and unsure about what to do next, you are not alone. Many students are trying to decide their next move, whether it is work, travel or post-graduate studies.
If you are having difficulties determining your career goals or thinking about further education because you don’t know what else to do, visit the what you can do with your degree first.
If you are exploring further study options, keep reading. You are in the right place.
Why further studies?
Investing in further education is a time and financial commitment, so it is important to spend some time researching your options. A good place to start is to ask yourself why you want to pursue further studies.
Common reasons for continuing studies:
- It is a requirement for your career goals
- It will open up other opportunities for employment
- It will help you develop specialized skills that you did not receive from your undergraduate degree program
- You love to learn and want to continue to learn more
To help you make decisions while researching program options, ask yourself:
- What are my career goals? Do I have a specific job in mind?
- Are there alternative educational paths for achieving my career goals?
- Do I have the grades and experience to get into the program?
- Do I have the necessary financial resources?
- What is the time commitment needed to be successful in the program?
- Do I have to complete an entrance exam before applying?
- If I am not accepted, do I have a back up plan?
- How does this decision impact other areas of my life (i.e. family, recreation)?
Options for Further Education
Continuing with your studies after completing your undergraduate degree is a big decision and can mean different things to different people.
Further education may include:
Each option has its own set of admission requirements, costs and time commitment. Click on each program type above to learn more.
For information on academic and occupational credentials for studying and working in Canada and abroad visit the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials.
Studying in the USA
For information on Visa requirements please visit: International Students Guide: Getting a Student Visa