HOW TO PREPARE
HOW TO PREPARE
Before the Event
- Register for the event on CareerZone OR bring your student ID Card to the event to get it swiped
- Check out the list of attending organizations and determine which organizations you would like to target from the Guidebook listing on the Jack McIssac Facebook page - Under Career Expo Event one week before the event OR pick up the hard copy Guidebook in the Career Services Resource Centre
- Prepare a list of questions you would like to ask representatives of your targeted organizations.
- If you are unsure of which organizations you should target, visit the Career Services Resource Centre to speak to a Career Assistant
At the Event
- Be curious and ask relevant questions.
- Be patient - wait your turn to speak with representatives.
- Collect information from the booths of the organizations that interest you.
- Learn more about the positions, how to apply, deadline dates to apply, etc.
- Dress neatly & professionally (especially if you are getting a LinkedIn Photo at the event), smile, make good eye contact and shake hands at the introduction.
- Make sure to schedule into your day one or more of the free information sessions being held on campus the day of the Expo.
After the Event
- Follow up with advice offered at the Information Sessions.
- Research and read all the material you collected from your targeted organizations.
- Make sure you have all the letters and required information for your application/resume and that all material has been sent to the appropriate person and by the deadline date.
- If you are unclear or require additional information related to the above steps, visit the Career Services Resources Centre located in the Learning Commons for assistance.
Apply to be a Don for 2015-2016
May 26, 2015 - 12:00pm - June 14, 2015 - 11:45pm
For a Current Listing of Career Services Events, Workshops and Job Fairs Visit CareerZone & ExperienceBU
February 3, 2014 - 12:00pm - January 1, 2016 - 12:00pm