Career Services, in partnership with Student Awards and Financial Aid, created Experience Works and through it administers funding for on-campus student jobs. Faculty and staff can apply for funding in February and October each year to have their on-campus positions funded through the program.
The purpose of Experience Works is to help provide career and skill development to students through the funding of on-campus employment opportunities. Positions in this program must provide students the opportunity to develop varied employability skills through on-the-job training and facilitate the transition to full-time employment after graduation by enhancing the students' portfolios.
Applications for Spring/Summer 2013 are now closed. The application deadline was November 30, 2012.
Applications for Fall/Winter 2013-2014 are now closed. The deadline was Wedneday March 20, 2013.
- Example #1 - Research Assistant
- Example #2 - Project Assistant
- Example #3 - Student Conduct and Activities Assistant
- Experience Works will fund 65% of an approved position; employers are required to contribute 35%.
- Funding is available for a maximum of 12 hours/week for 25 weeks in the Fall/Winter and for 35 hours/week for 16 weeks in the Spring/Summer
- Funding will only be provided up to a rate of $13.52/hour; you will be required to reimburse Experience Works any rate difference, in addition to your contribution.
- Student(s) hired must be approved for Experience Works in the session during which he/she will be employed. Student eligibility is determined by Student Awards and Financial Aid, through the Student Financial Profile.
- All positions must accommodate the student's academic schedules.
Students must be properly supervised and be provided with learning and skill growth opportunities.