- Future Students
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Goodman School of Business
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you have arrived safely
- Register with Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada
- Emergency Contact:
Outside Canada (call collect): 1-613-996-8885
Inside Canada (Call Toll-free): 1-800-267-6788
or email email@example.com
- Request a transcript from your host university. They will automatically send Brock a copy, but it is strongly recommended that you have a copy for your records as well, should you wish to apply for Graduate studies or a designation later on. Brock will be unable to provide you with a copy.
- Promote Brock to the students at your host school, and encourage them to come here on exchange. Be prepared to do a presentation about Canada, should you be asked by the International Office at your host school. Don’t forget to wear your Brock Business clothing!
- Have fun and take lots of pictures!
Tips for International Traveling
- Give minimal details on immigration forms
- Be wary of strangers who approach you asking for directions or showing you something. Don't give out too much information to strangers who strike up a conversation with you.
- Use ATMs inside of banks - not on the street
- Scan your passport, credit cards, etc. and email the details to yourself so that you can access the information, should they be stolen or compromised
- Buy a local cell phone to use for emergencies, etc. Know the number for emergency calls in your destination country.
- Know your destination - be aware of any current political issues, strikes, etc.
- Rely on your contacts in the country for advice
- Carry one debit card with a low withdrawal amount in a "second" wallet and hide your credit cards in some sort of money belt. Carry only small amounts of cash each day.
- Carry important contact information with you at all times in a safe place.