- Future Students
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Leadership Development Program
Goodman School of Business
Leadership Development Program
The Leadership Development Program consists of two levels of study relating to executive management and leadership in organizations and corporations. Each program includes expert instruction, a custom binder with readings, cases, assignments and evaluations. Participants are asked to provide written plans for application of the learning in the workplace, and follow-up consultations in the workplace are included.
This is a corporate-contracted program and is not available to the general public. The Leadership Development Program is custom designed for your organization by our teaching faculty.
The Core Management Leadership Program
The first part of our Leadership Development Program, the Core Management Leadership Program, consists of a standard core curriculum developed by the Goodman School of Business which is then customized and revised according to your specific needs.
Your organization can choose from the areas of study listed below, reflecting your particular needs and enabling our instructors to utilize data, information and case studies related to your day to day operations. Normally, the core leadership curriculum consists of a group of seminars reflecting 20 to 30 hours of instruction over several days. Successful completion of the core program results in the granting of the Centre for Innovation, Management and Enterprise Education's Professional Management Certificate.
Seminars available include:
- Building Successful Mentoring Relationships
- Business Strategy I – Competitive Strategy
- Business Strategy II - Corporate Strategy
- Coaching For Performance
- Confidence, Charisma and Character: What’s the Right Balance for Leaders and Managers?
- Change Management
- Creating Customer Value: Sales and Service
- Creativity and Problem Solving
- Data Management for Effective Business Decisions
- Developing a Personal Vision
- Developing a Service Attitude and Building a Service Culture
- Discover your Authentic Self and unleash your Personal Power
- Effective Employee Recruitment, Selection and Retention
- Employee Engagement - The Rewards of Recognition - What Works?
- Finance for Non-Financial Managers
- How to develop and use Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to manage your business Success
- Human Resources for the Non-HR Manager
- Ideas to Action: Assessing Your Leadership and Management Style
- Introduction to Project Management
- Introduction to Quality Management
- Introduction to Supply Chain Management
- Is Your Information System Secure? – An Introduction to Information Technology (IT) Assurance And Security
- Leading Change in a World of “Swampy Problems”
- Lessons from Leadership
- Managerial Decision Modeling with MS Excel
- Managing Conflict in the Workplace
- Managing Cross-Culture – Dealing with People from Different Cultures
- Managing For Organizational Success
- Maximizing Relationships: Understanding yourself and others through Personality Dimensions
- Mandarin Chinese for Business Purposes
- Navigating the Competitive Landscape
- Performance Management
- Powerful Presentation Skills
- Professional Selling and Managing Customer Relations
- Social Networking Strategies for Success
- Strengths-Based Leadership and Performance Management
- Succession Planning For Small and Family Business
- Sustainability Concepts for Business
- Team Building: The Five Dysfunctions of a Team- From Problems to Performance
- Teamwork and Teaming - Artful Decision Making
- Technology-Based New Venture Marketing
- The Art of Influencing: Techniques to Gain Support
- Your Next Five Years in Business - Adapting to New Demands with new Responses
The Executive Leadership Program
The second level of the Leadership Development Program is the Executive Leadership Program, which consists of the study and practice of higher level leadership functions.
Seminars are usually day-long (6 hours) and can be scheduled in one week, or spaced out over several weeks. Successful completion of 5 full-day seminars results in the granting of the Executive Leadership Certificate.
Areas of study in this level include:
- Visioning and Leading Organizational Change
- Gaining Trust and Building Employee Morale
- Developing High-Performance Teams
- Conflict Resolution and Getting To Win-Win
- Advanced Project Management Applications
- Coaching and Employee Involvement Strategies
- Developing and Utilizing Business Acumen
- Strategic Collaboration: Creating Alliances, Partnerships, Synergies
- Understanding, Utilizing And Maximizing Information Flow
- Developing Standards and Ethics in your Organization
Please contact us to find out how you can bring the customized Leadership Development Program to your organization.