Goodman School of Business
- Joseph‐Armand Bombardier, Founder of Bombardier Inc.
- Mike Lazaridis, Founder of Research In Motion (RIM)
- John Molson, Founder of Molson Coors
- Galen Weston Jr., Executive Chairman of Loblaw Companies Ltd.
- Stephanie Barnes, Founder of Missing Puzzle Piece Consulting
- Chris Capredoni, Founder of Capredoni Giftware Ltd.
- Class projects in entrepreneurship courses
- Nicol Entrepreneurial Award ‐ a national program designed to generate and reward interest in entrepreneurship.
- Nitsopoulos Family Entrepreneurship Award ‐ $10,000 award grant to support a Brock University graduate entrepreneur who is committed to establishing a business in Niagara
- Summer Company – an exciting opportunity for students, 15 to 29 years old, to start and run their own summer business. Students who are accepted receive up to $1,500 to put toward start‐up costs and up to $1,500 upon successful completion of the program.
One of the challenges faced by entrepreneurs is obtaining funding for their start‐up. There are many financial resources available including investors, bank loans, government loans or grants, and equity financing programs.
- ENTR 3P93‐ Managing Growth in Entrepreneurial Firms
- ENTR 3P94‐Corporate Entrepreneurship
- ENTR 3P96‐Venture Capital & the Entrepreneur
- ENTR 3P98‐Family Business
- ENTR 3P99‐Behavioural & Organizational Research Method & Designs
- ENTR 4P10‐Planning New Venture Creation
- ENTR 4P93‐International Dimensions of Entrepreneurship
Associations, Volunteer Organizations, and Other Resources:
- Canadian Council for Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Business Development Bank of Canada
- Canadian Youth Business Foundation
- Small Business Club Niagara
As an entrepreneur, building a network can be a critical tool in building your business. Establish and build your professional network by getting involved in the community and campus activities. Attend events that are hosted by student associations, professional associations, and on‐campus departments/services.
- How To Start Your Own Business – meet alumni and industry professionals
- Networking Breakfast – meet employers from different companies and find out about job opportunities
- Extroverted and Energetic
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Anticipate Trends and Developments
Important Business Skills:
- Business Strategy
- Financial Management
- Human Resources Management
- Operations Management