It was a festive mood in Market Hall this week as President Jack Lightstone hosted the annual holiday celebration for faculty and staff.
The President’s Annual Holiday Celebration and Faculty and Staff Recognition on Dec. 7 included punch, hors d’oeuvres and lots of smiles as Lightstone handed out awards for leadership, distinguished work and long service.
Lightstone praised employees for driving knowledge forward.
“Everyone works very hard for the institution,” he said.
The President’s Distinguished Staff Awards were presented to three staff members from the Faculty of Social Sciences. They were:
- Jeanette Ramsay, undergraduate student affairs officer
- Jill DeBon, administrative co-ordinator, Sociology
- Joanne Boekestyn, administrative assistant, Psychology
The Human Resources Distinguished Service Award for Leadership went to Guy Desjardins, manager of Telecommunications and Network Services in Information Technology Services.
Nine employees were honoured for having 35 years of service to the university. They were:
- Lorne Adams - Athletics
- Debbie Codes - Campus Store
- Ruth Esau - HR/EHS
- Carol-Ann Farinacci - Dean’s Office, Social Sciences
- John Novak - Graduate and Undergraduate Studies
- Barbara Whittard - Library
- Terrance Carroll - Political Science
- Elaine Jaeger - Library
- Mary Little - Library
Twenty-nine were honoured for working at Brock for 25 years.