Please be advised that during the next few weeks Information Technology Services staff will be performing maintenance on a number of critical IT services that will require downtimes affecting most of the Brock University community.
Information Technology Services has taken all steps to minimize the inconvenience of this maintenance. Please refer to the following for the maintenance schedule and service downtimes and schedule your work accordingly:
1) ITS staff will be performing maintenance on the central printing system Wednesday, Aug. 13, and Thursday, Aug. 14 from 6 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. During these times printing services will be unavailable.
2) ITS staff will be performing system maintenance on Wednesday, Aug. 13 at noon that will affect access to any departmental file shares you have access to. In order to avoid loss of data we ask that all users close any open files (Word, Excel, etc.) located on the shared drives before noon and leave them closed until 1 p.m. the same day.
3) ITS will be performing system maintenance Wednesday, Aug. 20 at 5 p.m. and lasting until 8 a.m. on Aug. 21. As a result of this maintenance access to centrally stored documents (My Documents folder) will not be available. In order to avoid loss of data we ask that all users close any open files (Word, Excel, etc.) before 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 20.
4) On Friday, Aug. 29 the “BrockGuest” wireless SSID that was created for the summer conference season will be disabled.
5) Between now and Aug. 29 ITS staff will be performing network maintenance daily between 6 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. that will affect wired, wireless and Internet access.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the above please contact the Help Desk at x4357.